Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 700

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

  1. #211
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Has anyone worked out what criteria the warm weather saver function takes into account ? I have it enabled on 6 zones, outside temperature reported on the Evotouch is 13C, most of my zones are at zero heat demand but I have not seen the warm weather saver kick in.

    Can it run concurrently with Day Off mode ? Probably like a lot of people our system has been in day off mode for a few weeks now...

    I re-read the small and difficult to read images on the initial welcome email but it's quite vague about how warm weather saver is supposed to calculate when it should be active.

  2. #212
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    It also depends on when the boost is applied. If it's only applied at a Setpoint change and the outside temperature at that time, then it's fairly useless.

  3. #213
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Has anyone worked out what criteria the warm weather saver function takes into account ? I have it enabled on 6 zones, outside temperature reported on the Evotouch is 13C, most of my zones are at zero heat demand but I have not seen the warm weather saver kick in.

    Can it run concurrently with Day Off mode ? Probably like a lot of people our system has been in day off mode for a few weeks now...

    I re-read the small and difficult to read images on the initial welcome email but it's quite vague about how warm weather saver is supposed to calculate when it should be active.
    Contrary to my update several days ago where I saw lots of zones showing as Off which was due to the Warm Weather Saver, today I don't see any zones showing Off. I am running a "normal" schedule and many zones are over their set point, a couple are asking for heat when only a 0.5c variation from setpoint, one is optimising. So all in all working as it has always done so I am almost back to having to invoke Eco mode as the house is overly hot Evohome reported o/s temp is 16c so would expect it to have kicked in. Weird, maybe its because I have disabled cold weather boost lol

  4. #214
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    It's now the 7th of April. So this firmware wasn't an April Fool joke, even though it was released on the 1st. So now can we please have that change log. This is getting a bit nuts now going hunting for bugs/features/changes not knowing which category things belong to when we report what we find.

  5. #215
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Andy,

    I think the setting of the zone setpoint to 5C when the zone gets turned off is going to confuse a lot of people.

    When you check the schedule it appears at first as if the setpoint is part of the schedule but if you try to edit it the 5C is not there.

    It needs some thing a little more explicit to tell the user what's going on.

    Obviously the app is currently behind the FW but that and presumably the website will need updating.

    Please can we have a changelist.

  6. #216
    Automated Home Ninja
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Has anyone worked out what criteria the warm weather saver function takes into account ? I have it enabled on 6 zones, outside temperature reported on the Evotouch is 13C, most of my zones are at zero heat demand but I have not seen the warm weather saver kick in.

    Can it run concurrently with Day Off mode ? Probably like a lot of people our system has been in day off mode for a few weeks now...

    I re-read the small and difficult to read images on the initial welcome email but it's quite vague about how warm weather saver is supposed to calculate when it should be active.
    Mine was working with 'Day Off' mode the other day. However today it's been gloroius sunshine here and relatively warm. However WW Saver didn't seem to kick in on most zones (I've enabled it on all zones, one zone was in WW) and the boiler was still firing - even though most zones were 1/1.5oc above their set points, so in fact no need at all to fire. I have been pre occupied outside so haven't been able to study it further other than seeing the boiler firing whilst i've been in the garage and checking the app for set points/zone temps.

    It does seem to be behaving a bit oddly just over the past couple of days - although the other day it worked perfectly.

    WW Saver Description- 'Evohome looks at the outside temperature, the inside temperature, the scheduled setpoint per zone and then calculates (including the learnt adaptive Fuzzy logic) if the boiler need to be on at all.'

    However I think it all comes down to what you were saying about the outside temperature, one being incorrect, and two lagging hugely. My panel said it was 5oc outside this morning when it was actually 9 on my weather station!

  7. #217
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Any chance we have support for the local external temperature sensor brought back again. Or and a change log would be good too.

  8. #218
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Any chance we have support for the local external temperature sensor brought back again. Or and a change log would be good too.
    The problem with the outdoor sensor is it was grossly over priced. When I first looked in 2015 (before I discovered it wouldn't work with the WiFi model of controller I was buying) I seem to recall it was around 130...

  9. #219
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    42

    Default Zones Boosting when Differential is less than 10'C

    Andy

    OK, been tracking this since early morning to late evening. Liams Room and Madisons room has been boosting when differential is less than 10'C and down to 4-5'C differential, I have not touched the rooms and has not fixed itself. Please can you have a look. The other 3 zones are behaving correctly.

  10. #220
    Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Contrary to my update several days ago where I saw lots of zones showing as Off which was due to the Warm Weather Saver, today I don't see any zones showing Off. I am running a "normal" schedule and many zones are over their set point, a couple are asking for heat when only a 0.5c variation from setpoint, one is optimising. So all in all working as it has always done so I am almost back to having to invoke Eco mode as the house is overly hot Evohome reported o/s temp is 16c so would expect it to have kicked in. Weird, maybe its because I have disabled cold weather boost lol
    I will get this checked, it dosnt sound right. Can I have a MAC on PM please and we can look at the data if needed.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •