Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Ideally the outside temp used would be a 'feels like' temperature, as that includes wind chill (which chills houses as much as it chills people). Much better than just using a normal 'weather station' type value.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mikey8156 View Post
    Thread #16 here, yesterday.
    No, that's discussion about whether per-zone enabling of optimal start will ever come back.

This is a feature the original non-WiFi controllers had which has never been a feature of the WiFi controller. Optimal start still being an all or nothing setting on the WiFI model is what's being said.

A little disapointing but not unexpected, but it can be worked around with additional set points. (Assuming you have any free set point slots in a zone)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 3rd April 2020 at 03:04 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Ideally the outside temp used would be a 'feels like' temperature, as that includes wind chill (which chills houses as much as it chills people). Much better than just using a normal 'weather station' type value.
    Actually, this was exactly what I was thinking. Last night EvoHome increased me zone temps as it was colder outside, but..it was completely still and didn't feel cold. I tend to find that my house gets cold when it's wet with wind outside. Again, in the dead of winter with snow outside and no wind, the house feels fine.

So, I would suggest a wind chill adjustment would be more appropriate value to use as outside temperature to measure against vs. just absolute outside temp.

Roy.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Hm, just had to disable the cold weather boost as although the evohome outside temp is showing 8c the actual temp feels more like 15c family were starting to roast even with a minimum boost of 0.5. Could ideally need the warm weather saver running but obviously not working within current parameters - hey ho always going to be a trade off with automation lol
    Do the zones in question have remote sensors or just rely on the HR92's sensor ?

Generally a remote sensor will give better weather independent comfort year round with fixed set points - although it can take a little trial and error to find the best location in the room for the remote sensor to go to give subjectively equal comfort under different conditions.

Automated Home Ninja

Have to say the Cold Weather boost here too isn't working well, finding the 10oc outside set point is too high for the Cold Weather Boost to kick in and is boosting zone unnecessarily. Needs to probably be more like 5oc for me....

Panel is reporting 10oc, local weather is saying 11 and my own sensor saying 12 outside too which isn't helping.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Have to say the Cold Weather boost here too isn't working well, finding the 10oc outside set point is too high for the Cold Weather Boost to kick in and is boosting zone unnecessarily. Needs to probably be more like 5oc for me....

Panel is reporting 10oc, local weather is saying 11 and my own sensor saying 12 outside too which isn't helping.
    How low the outside temperature needs to be before a boost is appropriate is going to depend on many factors including insulation in the house - the threshold temperature differential probably needs to be adjustable in the settings to make it useful..

7.3 degrees outside here according to my own weather station, the Evohome itself is also reporting 7 degrees.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post

Its not 10 degrees temp, it is 10Degree below setpoint so if your setpoint is 16'C and above, and your difference in outside temperature is 10'C then your room will boost if set.

I agree the -10'C below setpoint may not be good for all, depending on individual room thermal insulation. I think this needs to be variable and variable by the room. Also some saying it should take in windchill(feel like temperature), I agree with that.

For my living room where I am sat now, its boosting 0.5'C, that is ok with me. 19C SP outside temp 9C so actual setpoint is boosting to 19.5'C

Other rooms in my house which have better thermal properties or worse, I would like to lower or raise the differential for boosting.

Its a improvement.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by frankmalia View Post
    Its not 10 degrees temp, it is 10Degree below setpoint so if your setpoint is 16'C and above, and your difference in outside temperature is 10'C then your room will boost if set.

I agree the -10'C below setpoint may not be good for all, depending on individual room thermal insulation. I think this needs to be variable and variable by the room. Also some saying it should take in windchill(feel like temperature), I agree with that.

For my living room where I am sat now, its boosting 0.5'C, that is ok with me. 19C SP outside temp 9C so actual setpoint is boosting to 19.5'C

Other rooms in my house which have better thermal properties or worse, I would like to lower or raise the differential for boosting.

Its a improvement.
    You're quite correct, I had misread/misunderstood that point. That's why i'm finding it behaving oddly - I have my set points quite high, 21,22,23 in different areas. Knowing that now, yes ideally the -10oc difference needs to be variable, maybe not by room but at least as a system whole.

My house is quite well insulated too, so I guess that will have a big knock on effect. Along with which way you're house is facing, today the sun is out so the rooms are keeping warm at the front even though the outside temp maybe only 10oc.

Automated Home Jr Member

Set Point Issue on one room.

Seen this twice now, my dining room keeps getting a Setpoint 30íC, this happen yesterday after software update and this morning while dining room was pre heating before setpoint time had started.
    The Setpoint should be heated to 18.5íC by 07:10am and then change to 5íC at 07:20.
    Woke up before 7am and found Dining room SP 30 and on pre heat symbol.
    Other rooms were on Pre Heat and like living and they had there correct SP.

Bit concerned there is some glitches that is going to cook my house.

Please see picture of Dining room SP schedule and Living room behaving correctly.
    This 30íC SP cannot be a overrule as there is no symbol of clock or mobile phone.
    Attachment 1525

Ok thats the third time my dining room has set the SP to 30'C, it is only doing in my dining room that I have noticed. It is only when optimising start is working, once the room is at its time actual schedule time it goes to correct setpoint.

Automated Home Legend

Ok thats the third time my dining room has set the SP to 30'C, it is only doing in my dining room that I have noticed. It is only when optimising start is working, once the room is at its time actual schedule time it goes to correct setpoint.
    I have seen random changes to 30 degrees on the old firmware on my system, although not recently. I even documented it on a thread here.

Try rebooting both the HR92's in the affected zones and the controller to see if it helps.