Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717677787980818283848586 LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 852

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

  1. #801
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorks
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ally153 View Post
    The firmware is now out of beta and has been released to production. We are going through the process of getting approval for OTA updates. This is a gradual roll-out process as we need to update devices in small batches to ensure there are no issues with the OTA process that haven't been picked up during internal & beta testing. The firmware carries the same version number as used in testing (02.00.19.33) and is identical to the latest version beta testers received. Hope this answers your question!
    Since ally53 advised back in mid-December that the new release would be rolled out gradually . . . . . has anyone actually received the updated firmware WITHOUT having requested it via the trial subscription?

  2. #802
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Its actually worse. When the new firmware lands, the controllers gains the new functionality, but it seems to also retain some of the legacy functionality. It's only after a full reboot does the Controller only start using all the new functionality. We've seen this with some of the OT data exchange that now has stopped, but only stops after a reboot.
    Surely the update, when rolled out, should come with some form of notification and a pdf or link giving an updated user guide detailing the new features?

  3. #803
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killa47 View Post
    Since ally53 advised back in mid-December that the new release would be rolled out gradually . . . . . has anyone actually received the updated firmware WITHOUT having requested it via the trial subscription?
    Not me, was wondering that myself.

  4. #804
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Borderlands
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    Surely the update, when rolled out, should come with some form of notification and a pdf or link giving an updated user guide detailing the new features?
    I agree.
    I've just checked on the website - the User Guide is dated 2020 and mentions "smart weather" options but doesn't say how to set them; the installation guide is also dated 2020 but is still sparse on anything to do with config.

  5. #805
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killa47 View Post
    Since ally53 advised back in mid-December that the new release would be rolled out gradually . . . . . has anyone actually received the updated firmware WITHOUT having requested it via the trial subscription?
    No update here. I donít need most of the new features but would use the new eco/offset option. I donít want to ask for the update because, being a believer in KISS, I would not want to get on a list of beta testers.

  6. #806
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2

    Default

    After a few days after I asked for the beta version of last year my firmware has been updated to new version with the smart functions and heating and cooling. I m sure I never had this firmware before and also not informed trough mail or something. Just stumbled upon this website when I searched for evohome cooling. Also had contact with Dutch department and UK department of honeywell they replied that there was no such firmware with cooling etc. Haha. Is the version I received still the beta or is it the new version? App soft vers: 02.00.19.33 wifi soft: 02.00.17.00.

    btw I am an end-user and I live in the Netherlands.

  7. #807
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koot View Post
    After a few days after I asked for the beta version of last year my firmware has been updated to new version with the smart functions and heating and cooling. I m sure I never had this firmware before and also not informed trough mail or something. Just stumbled upon this website when I searched for evohome cooling. Also had contact with Dutch department and UK department of honeywell they replied that there was no such firmware with cooling etc. Haha. Is the version I received still the beta or is it the new version? App soft vers: 02.00.19.33 wifi soft: 02.00.17.00.

    btw I am an end-user and I live in the Netherlands.
    You will not have had any information emailed to you. They just update and unless a user starts digging around in his Control Panel you would have no idea of the update. It is a very strange way of handling customers but that I think is the norm for Honeywell and itís related companies.

  8. #808
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    You will not have had any information emailed to you. They just update and unless a user starts digging around in his Control Panel you would have no idea of the update. It is a very strange way of handling customers but that I think is the norm for Honeywell and itís related companies.
    I get the impression that they think in terms of supplying to the trade rather than end users and expect the installer to be knowledgeable and provide the main customer support function. They probably see the end users on here as a bunch of enthusiasts who make good beta testers.

  9. #809
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    I get the impression that they think in terms of supplying to the trade rather than end users and expect the installer to be knowledgeable and provide the main customer support function. They probably see the end users on here as a bunch of enthusiasts who make good beta testers.
    Yes your comment is quite right but the problem I have found is a number of their recommended installers don't have the knowledge about the product. The front company marketing then product, albeit an independent company, don't make any contact with customers to keep them informed yet the whole system has our email addresses. Having said that I came across the site below. One would think an existing customer would be advised.

    https://www.installeronline.co.uk/re...-new-features/

  10. #810
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Harrogate, North Yorks
    Posts
    109

    Default

    My two penneth's worth is that if it wasn't for the likes of DBMandrake and other contributors who freely offer their unstinting detailed advice and knowledge - Honeywell/Resideo would be in deep pig sh.t for customer service and product support, reliability and improvement.

    I think Honeywell should put them on the payroll.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •