• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petep
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    @petep it's because Bed 3 set point is 15C and CWB dosnt operate below 16C
    Andy, I don't understand why you are referring to CWB.

the outside temperature is much higher than 15C.
    Other zones that have higher setpoints are being turned off because of WWS.

My question is why is Bed 3 not subject to WWS, set to 5C (like every other zone) and switched off.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by petep View Post

My question is why is Bed 3 not subject to WWS, set to 5C (like every other zone) and switched off.
      Because the set point of that zone is 15oc (Nothing to do with external temp). WWS doesn't work below a 16oc set point. Set the zone to 16oc and WWS will kick in.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by petep View Post

@Peter You are correct, sorry I didnt read the question properly. I will have to have a look at the system to know for sure but I think it is because the WWS decision is based on the learned fuzzy demand not just a simple OTC. I presume the zone is off based on room temperature?
        Regards AtM
        Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• petep
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
          @Peter You are correct, sorry I didnt read the question properly. I will have to have a look at the system to know for sure but I think it is because the WWS decision is based on the learned fuzzy demand not just a simple OTC. I presume the zone is off based on room temperature?
          Regards AtM
          the zone is 'off' in that it is not calling for heat because the room temp is above the setpoint which is still at 15.

i don't believe the zone will have called for heat since the beta was installed.

Comment

• SteveP
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2012

CWB been operating all day as outside temp being below 10C but with the bright sun there has been a lot of radiation energy. House is over heated. I do like the idea of the CWB but the 10c point is too blunt. I would like a user set figure or a more sophisticated set point that includes wind chill. I generally find I want to boost the inside temps when outside is 4C or less and a strong northerly

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

How much is your CWB set to boost, and do the affected zones have HR92 sensors or remote sensors ?

I only have CWB set to 0.5C and active in a few rooms. I find it works quite well for me and mimics the manual change I would sometimes make in those rooms anyway.

For me the issue is there can be a lot of lag in the reported outdoor temperature, on the order of many hours. If that lag could be reduced to a consistently low value it could be a useful feature.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

I too agree that the feature is a good idea but the implementation needs some further thought. A fixed boost value is OKish but to be really effective it ought to be zone based. External temperature does have quite a considerable difference between rooms based on orientation and other factors. A locally placed and paired sensor is probably best. Maybe the route of using the OT sensor is excellent, if it works. But if not, the controller definitely needs to be updated a lot more frequently than it currently is for the external temperature.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

And NOT just at the setpoint - it needs to keep track throughout the period (which could be for many hours, over which the outside temperature can change considerably).

Comment

• AlexP
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                    How much is your CWB set to boost, and do the affected zones have HR92 sensors or remote sensors ?

I only have CWB set to 0.5C and active in a few rooms. I find it works quite well for me and mimics the manual change I would sometimes make in those rooms anyway.

For me the issue is there can be a lot of lag in the reported outdoor temperature, on the order of many hours. If that lag could be reduced to a consistently low value it could be a useful feature.
                    I’ve taken a slightly different approach to using the cold weather boost. In most rooms I’ve actually reduced the scheduled Setpoint by 0.5 or 1 deg. This is based on the theory that the schedule was already based on a worst case scenario for comfort, therefore needing less manual adjustment. In 2 rooms where I had set a measurement offset I have removed this, which in effect does the same thing.

So far it has been quite successful. In colder weather the boost function brings the Setpoint back to where it was previously programmed but in warmer weather the Setpoint is lower. Kind of reverse of the intended logic.

The only other tweak was to reduce my overnight ‘off’ Setpoint to 15.5 from 16 in the bedrooms to stop the boost from activating overnight.

Outside temperature lag is definitely an issue though.

Comment

• SteveP
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post

The CWB is set to 1C but maybe too much although I previously tried 0.5C and still found overheat. I removed all the zones from CWB after last weeks issues but turned them back on Sunday in anticipation of the weather change and forgot to set the CWB boost to 0.5C ! I still find that although the O/S temp is low the impact on our property (timber frame) is minimal at this time of year due to sun radiation and so CWB over heats.
                      The sensors are predominantly in the H80 valves rather than remotes.
                      I Still feel that the O/S temp lag and lack of variable selection point for CWB to kick in will limit its usefulness for me. If the 10C kick in selection point cant be changed, I would benefit more from a variable Eco button as nice and simple to add 0.5c or more to the whole schedule when its that bit chillier outside and no sunshine radiation that is negating the need for the CWB boost despite the recorded shade temperature

Comment

• CT1
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Apr 2016

I have no need for automatic hot or cold weather offsets as our house uses human sensors and decidedly fuzzy logic to adjust for this together with other inputs such as activity level etc.. Has worked flawlessly for years. I also did not take up the option for external temperature compensation when buying a new boiler a few years ago and have not regretted the decision.

However in the spirit of cooperation, I have been keeping an eye on the temperatures reported by EvoHome and Amazon Echo and comparing these with an outside temperature sensor positioned to record temperature in the shade without any wind influence. These observations indicate that EvoHome and Amazon a usually in agreement but both show regular differences of 1 to 3 degrees and a definate time lag of over an hour compared with the actual temperature. Even with an accurate outside temperature sensor you still have the problem that solar gain and or wind chill can cause significant variations throughout a property. At present, with no active heating a room out of the sun is at 16 degrees and those with full sun are ar 20 degrees.

Comment

• JamboV6
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2017

Received my email this morning. As previously stated by someone else, most of the info provided is illegible due to the low res format, I understand the concept from reading the last 26 pages but it would be nice to know what exactly was sent out, can this be resent in a legible pdf maybe. Looking forward to seeing how these changes effect our house as in theory they should resolve alot of comfort issues we have. Totally exposed South facing rear of the house with 75% being glass, shady and windy front, but modern well insulated. In reality our heating will only be on another week unless we get more frosty mornings like this morning and 18c sun and blue skies like now, was turned off 2 days ago but had to put it back on this morning, this time of year and autumn we struggle with alot of under/over temp issues. Hopefully CWB and WWS will rectify this.

Comment

• Stevedh
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Mar 2017

Got my email, just want to point out that I was unable to select my boiler at the home monitoring portal registration. I have an Atag iC Economiser 39 Plus, which is part of their current range, but this was not listed in the options and there was no 'other' field.

Comment

• Stevedh
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by JamboV6 View Post
                              Received my email this morning. As previously stated by someone else, most of the info provided is illegible due to the low res format, I understand the concept from reading the last 26 pages but it would be nice to know what exactly was sent out, can this be resent in a legible pdf maybe. Looking forward to seeing how these changes effect our house as in theory they should resolve alot of comfort issues we have. Totally exposed South facing rear of the house with 75% being glass, shady and windy front, but modern well insulated. In reality our heating will only be on another week unless we get more frosty mornings like this morning and 18c sun and blue skies like now, was turned off 2 days ago but had to put it back on this morning, this time of year and autumn we struggle with alot of under/over temp issues. Hopefully CWB and WWS will rectify this.
                              I just got my email, did you get a pdf as I find that easily readable. I agree though that the images in the email are useless.

Comment

• JamboV6
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Oct 2017

No pdf just the email

Comment

Working...
                                X