• garymtitley
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Feb 2019

Mine too 👍.Happy days.

Comment

• winger
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2006

Mine too. Great work. Only thing that is not immediately obvious is how the Winter threshold that is now user adjustable is set. -10C was no use to me so I had it turned off. Any clue where the user adjustable setting is?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Mines updated too!

Originally posted by winger View Post
        Mine too. Great work. Only thing that is not immediately obvious is how the Winter threshold that is now user adjustable is set. -10C was no use to me so I had it turned off. Any clue where the user adjustable setting is?
        Same here, just spend 5 minutes flicking through the settings and can't find it either

Comment

• kevinsmart
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Sep 2018

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
          Mines updated too!

Same here, just spend 5 minutes flicking through the settings and can't find it either
          Hold down Settings until the Installation Menu appears.
          Click on System Parameters.
          You’ll find Cold Weather Boost Setting there.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
            So for anyone wondering, you’ve got to actually turn on Cold Weather Boost on for the offset to show. Whoops 🙄

Comment

• SteveP
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
              Thanks kevinsmart as without your confirmation I would have not followed this up as when I went into system parameters I only have advanced load scaling showing. But then I went back to smart features where I had cold weather boost disabled. I set a zone to cold weather boost and hey presto in system parameters the cold weather boost setting appeared 🤣

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

Could we please have some information about what service is used to determine external temperature against which all the weather compensation works? It's now clear that it's not using a local sensor, even if you had one installed on an OT system.

Comment

• ally153
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Nov 2014

Good to hear the update has got to the group. Let us know of any feedback you all have!

I can see and understand the difficulty many have had finding the cold winter boost threshold setting. This was tricky to place as we felt adding another parameter after selecting the zones this feature applies to and the offset temperature would have made the feature more confusing for users.

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                  Could we please have some information about what service is used to determine external temperature against which all the weather compensation works? It's now clear that it's not using a local sensor, even if you had one installed on an OT system.
                  The weather feature uses internet data, for me the weather data is actually fairly spot on with the actual outside temperature, but I appreciate that other user's mileage may vary. Due to time constraints we weren't able to implement using the OT sensor value. From experience we've found that different manufacturers have interpreted the specs and implemented OT differently and we wanted a robust solution that didn't have compatibility issues. Although the actual amount of code needed would probably be trivial the ground work to architect a robust solution takes longer.

Comment

• DerekWilliamsUK
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by ally153 View Post
                    The weather feature uses internet data...
                    Can you share which weather data provider?

Comment

• ally153
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post
                      Can you share which weather data provider?
                      Currently we're using Accuweather as our weather source.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ally153 View Post
                        Currently we're using Accuweather as our weather source.
                        Thanks for that info. This should make it possible to figure out whether the long lag in the outdoor temperature reading I see (typically 4+ hours, at least on previous firmware versions) is the fault of Accuweather not updating their current weather report often enough or whether the Evotouch is slow at getting updated data from Accuweather.

Is the figure the Evotouch uses based on the "current" temperature reported by Accuweather or the forecast temperature for the current time ? (A subtle but important distinction)
                        Last edited by DBMandrake; 19 August 2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• zxdavb
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Jan 2018

@ally153 Can the team confirm if these new features - specifically the eco/boost offset - can be configured via the Web API. An example use-case (via a home automation platform using, e.g. https://github.com/watchforstock/evohome-client): the further I get from home (via geofencing / presence detection), the more the eco is dropped from 0.5 to 3.0.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

Mine has updated to the new version and I have some feedback - the new Eco/Boost function (loving it) still uses the Euro symbol of the old Eco function. (both in the quick action button and zone squares)

This seems a little out of place if Eco/Boost is set to a positive value. Presumably the Euro symbol was originally meant to signify saving money when active due to dropping set points, however when the adjustment is positive it will actually cost more money...

So perhaps a fresh icon is in order for the new more versatile Eco/Boost feature ? Or maybe a different icon is automatically used depending on whether the offset is + or - with a new icon just for positive values ?
                            Last edited by DBMandrake; 19 August 2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Krejt
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post
                              Looks to me like my system has just updated with the latest BETA Firmware...
                              What version number is that?
                              Evohomeclient temperatures on ThingSpeak: https://thingspeak.com/channels/79213

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                                Thanks for that info. This should make it possible to figure out whether the long lag in the outdoor temperature reading I see (typically 4+ hours, at least on previous firmware versions) is the fault of Accuweather not updating their current weather report often enough or whether the Evotouch is slow at getting updated data from Accuweather.

Is the figure the Evotouch uses based on the "current" temperature reported by Accuweather or the forecast temperature for the current time ? (A subtle but important distinction)
                                Also does Evohome use the RealFeel for it's weather compensation or the actual temperature?

Comment

Working...
                                X