• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
    There's no monopoly on good ideas. Especially when they are so bleedin' obvious!
    Remember also that sense is not common.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
      Well it was around Paul's comment on wind chill, i will be checking the office for bugs (Paul I'm looking at you ) We have another cunning plan that the device is prepared for but needs additional weather data .... and now we get into confidentiality issues and project planning so I will stop there.
      With so much reliance on external temperature, I am still surprised that Evohome dropped support for a locally mounted external sensor. I used it and saw the benefit of being able to mount it where the temperature reading was the most "feels like". Also I now wonder what happens to all the weather compensation when the local weather feed breaks? Does everything just revert to set values, even if it was previously operating at a weather compensated mode?

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by zxdavb View Post
        In short, 3 C is too much, and thus economy mode is not being used as much as it might me.
        Yes, 3C is far too much, so I never use it. 0.5 - 3C in 0.5 steps would be pretty cool, both minus and plus, selectable at the time the quick action is activated.

A housewide offset both negative and positive which still follows the schedule would be extremely useful.

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          A housewide offset both negative and positive which still follows the schedule would be extremely useful.
          Massively so. I think it's the single best enhancement that has been suggested (and by many many people).

I do understand that a simple 'economy mode' might appeal to non-techie users, but they'd probably never go into the settings to tweak the parameter so it shouldn't affect usability.

Comment

• Andy the Minion
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
            With so much reliance on external temperature, I am still surprised that Evohome dropped support for a locally mounted external sensor. I used it and saw the benefit of being able to mount it where the temperature reading was the most "feels like". Also I now wonder what happens to all the weather compensation when the local weather feed breaks? Does everything just revert to set values, even if it was previously operating at a weather compensated mode?
            If there is no feed yes it just reverts to normal control. The room temperature sp is always respected, it wont shut the system down if we are not within the temperature control tolerance. If you have an opentherm boiler with an outside temperature sensor input Evo will use that in preference to the weather data - just make sure it is positioned correctly - not always an easy thing with OTC
            Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• Andy the Minion
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Nov 2017

I looked and the email wasn't saved.... I have no clue what I said either
              Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• kevinsmart
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Sep 2018

That’s great that the boiler’s outdoor temperature sensor reading will be used! I’d assumed that control was just based on the Internet read temperature.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

This proves that the Evohome controller can be programmed to add more OT command support and the OTG simply responds and relays them through. Previously I had seen no evidence that the External temperature was either requested or relayed between the boiler and the Evohome Controller via the OTG. So clearly this has been added in. In which case it should be quite easy to implement the boiler max command too, that is currently not set and causes the Viesmann to head for the stars.

Comment

• SteveP
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Dec 2012

re-enabled cold weather cold weather boost and Advanced Load Scaling yesterday (still have warm weather saver enable). Glorious sunshine today and house is like an oven this morning - how come as warm weather saver should have kicked in? Outside temp in the shade as read by my weather station is 14.2C Evohome showing temp as 9C !! This will be the downside as ideally evohome should support a remote temp sensor so it gets the local true temp not a remote generalised internet temp Nice idea though but once again have had to manually enable eco mode

Comment

• kevinsmart
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                      This proves that the Evohome controller can be programmed to add more OT command support and the OTG simply responds and relays them through. Previously I had seen no evidence that the External temperature was either requested or relayed between the boiler and the Evohome Controller via the OTG. So clearly this has been added in. In which case it should be quite easy to implement the boiler max command too, that is currently not set and causes the Viesmann to head for the stars.
                      It would be good to confirm this, I still think the displayed temperature is read from the internet as I saw some earlier discrepancy.

Looks okay just now though: displays 10C, OpenTherm read value 10.74C and my Netatmo weather station 10.4C.

Comment

• kevinsmart
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Sep 2018

I see Warm Weather Saver in action. I have one zone demanding 4% and the other 8% but with outdoor temperature of 10C the boiler pump is not running.

Previously it would be in overrun.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

Anyone with an OTGW should be able to confirm this pretty easily. Just check for any OT commands referring to the Outside temperature being passed between the OTB and the boiler. Then just switch the home wifi off and see what the controller does before a Cold Boost zone switches on. Is it able to boost or ignores the boost.

Comment

• frankmalia
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Apr 2019

Cold Weather Boost Suggestion

This cold weather boost needs some work.

I have sketched suggestion how I think it should work which would work good if possible, and allow user to calibrate to there house and there individual room if possible.

I definitely need a different SP differential, this morning I was boost and house was warm, very sunny outside but 9'C on evo touch screen. - 12 would be good to start boost at 0.5'C then we should have 2nd differential, lets say -18, then I would want to boost 2'C. The boost should be proportionally scaled between these to set points.

There should be 2 differential's and 2 boost SP's
                            The Differential SP's should be variable.
                            The boost SP's should be proportional to differential.

This would be awesome if possible and if could be done by individual room

Cold Weather Boost Suggestion.jpg
                            Last edited by frankmalia; 5 April 2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• SteveP
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
                              I see Warm Weather Saver in action. I have one zone demanding 4% and the other 8% but with outdoor temperature of 10C the boiler pump is not running.

Previously it would be in overrun.
                              is there an easy way to spot its operating? I've switched off eco mode and immediately the rooms show as needing heat according to the main panel. Is the only way to spot its operational is to monitor the installer menu>boiler demand screen? Im a programmer and data architect and I am not a fan of "hidden features" as users always wonder if the "feature" is really working or not

Comment

• paulockenden
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Apr 2015

I'm sure the email said there's new icons...

Comment

Working...
                                X