Page 36 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

I notice @AndyTheMinion's last post was May 1st, so more than 2 months ago. Is he following jzwack's AWOL path of a few years back?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    I notice @AndyTheMinion's last post was May 1st, so more than 2 months ago. Is he following jzwack's AWOL path of a few years back?
    Lets hope we're not all stuck on this buggy beta release indefinitely. I had kind of expected the beta period to be over a month or more ago...

Given how infrequent the stable releases are for this device (years between releases) we could be stuck with it for a long time if this experimental beta release doesn't lead to a public release for whatever reason.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 11th July 2020 at 10:56 AM.

Automated Home Legend

These days, unfortunately, I find myself asking this a lot...."Are you guys still in business"?.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    These days, unfortunately, I find myself asking this a lot...."Are you guys still in business"?.
    Sorry guys, I'm still here but the project development is taking a lot of my time. Everything is either off site or scattered and taking more time and effort than it should and I am running 12+ hour days to keep up so I havnt been checking the forum like I should. Rest assured there is something comming very shortly.
    Regards
    AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

Ah, good to know that you're alive and well and the project is continuing. Looking forward to whatever the something is.

Automated Home Lurker

+1 on an update - beta's perform best when working through small iterations with customers, we're here and ready to test.

Automated Home Sr Member

Thanks very much for coming back to us Andy!

FWIW, as we progress through selling & moving house I have spent the last few days research alternatives to Evohome over concerns it is falling behind the competition. Knowing that it is still being supported encourages me to reconsider giving up on it when we do eventually find our next house!

Automated Home Sr Member

Andy,

There was discussion in another thread about whether outside temperature passed over OpenTherm by the boiler was now being accepted by Evohome. I have just had an Intergas EcoRF 36 fitted during our extension build and have added the external temperature sensor. I moved from the BDR91 to the OpenTherm bridge and that all works fine, but having just fitted the temperature sensor, I don't see any evidence of the temperature being passed. I have tried disconnecting the controller from the WIFI network and the outside temperature just disappears as its no longer being received from the internet. The resistance of the sensor reads correctly when I measure it and there are no errors appearing on the boiler. Can you confirm if this is now supported?

Thanks

Guyan

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by guyank View Post
    Andy,

There was discussion in another thread about whether outside temperature passed over OpenTherm by the boiler was now being accepted by Evohome. I have just had an Intergas EcoRF 36 fitted during our extension build and have added the external temperature sensor. I moved from the BDR91 to the OpenTherm bridge and that all works fine, but having just fitted the temperature sensor, I don't see any evidence of the temperature being passed. I have tried disconnecting the controller from the WIFI network and the outside temperature just disappears as its no longer being received from the internet. The resistance of the sensor reads correctly when I measure it and there are no errors appearing on the boiler. Can you confirm if this is now supported?

Thanks

Guyan
    Definitely doesn’t work with the Beta firmware. I hope it is fixed in the release because the Internet read temperature can be several degrees out.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    Definitely doesn’t work with the Beta firmware. I hope it is fixed in the release because the Internet read temperature can be several degrees out.
    I was also under the impression that it would allow Evohome to reduce the requested flow temperature at higher outside temperatures, greatly reducing the chance of overshoots. We have a couple of zones that seem to drop below setpoint by a couple of degrees, even when it’s pretty warm. Up until a couple of days ago when I gave up and turned the heating off, this would result in huge overshoots as 80C flow was being demanded just before we got up.