Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Mine is a Glow Worm Ultimate, now approaching 23 years old. 2 years ago the fan started getting noisy, I bought a replacement but never fitted it, as the occasional squirt of lubricant does the job. The new fan cost me just over £100, rather different from the last time I had it replaced and quoted replacement costs of over £300! My service man every year says it’s one of the best they come across unlike today’s stuff. But I need to consider its replacement and new radiators as other things are afoot in the house including decorating and logic says do the boiler first. Well the lady of the manor would so dictate!
    Funnily enough my fan is a bit noisy too! However it is the second fan (We used to do the maintenance on the house before I bought it) so the fan is about 7 years old. The advantage of living on an estate full of them is when I replace one that has failed I save all the parts that are good - so i've got a bit of a stock pile!

In terms of replacement - run it till it eventually fails. I wouldn't replace mine for something newer until it's unrepairable. As long as they're serviced regularly and the pilot injector is cleaned out properly they are relatively reliable. PCBs can go but they're an easy change.

Automated Home Jr Member

Set Point Issue on one room.

Seen this twice now, my dining room keeps getting a Setpoint 30íC, this happen yesterday after software update and this morning while dining room was pre heating before setpoint time had started.
    The Setpoint should be heated to 18.5íC by 07:10am and then change to 5íC at 07:20.
    Woke up before 7am and found Dining room SP 30 and on pre heat symbol.
    Other rooms were on Pre Heat and like living and they had there correct SP.

Bit concerned there is some glitches that is going to cook my house.

Please see picture of Dining room SP schedule and Living room behaving correctly.
    This 30íC SP cannot be a overrule as there is no symbol of clock or mobile phone.
    Setpoint Issue.jpg

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Not an efficient boiler I'm sure but I'm loathe to spend a lot of money replacing it until I have to as the replacement won't last nearly as long.
    Yes my view too. I could have fitted a new boiler when we moved in however I've now had 3 trouble free years out of the Glow Worm. When you consider a new boiler will only last between 10-15 years, I may as well get as much life out of our old appliance And tbh i'm not convinced a new one would be much more efficient, maybe for you as you'll have a perm pilot.

Automated Home Legend

The boiler details are all optional fields.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Just had the email. The signup asks for boiler and model but it doesnít seem to know about the models sold by Intergas in the UK, so I had to fine something that looked kinda similar.
    Dear All,
    Please dont worry about the boiler details, it was just background information that was useful for another project - please feel free to ignore it.
    Regards AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Jr Member

So with the next update we loose zone optimal start time? If so I will not be updating. Optimal start is one of the best things about Evohome.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mikey8156 View Post
    So with the next update we loose zone optimal start time? If so I will not be updating. Optimal start is one of the best things about Evohome.
    Where was it said that optimal start was being removed ? BTW unless you permanently disable the WiFi connection on your Evotouch you can't stop it from updating when a general release update comes out. There is no option in the UI to postpone or reject an update - you are not even notified that one is available or has been installed.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 3rd April 2020 at 02:06 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Where was it said that optimal start was being removed ? BTW unless you permanently disable the WiFi connection on your Evotouch you can't stop it from updating when a general release update comes out. There is no option in the UI to postpone or reject an update - you are not even notified that one is available or has been installed.
    Thread #16 here, yesterday.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mikey8156 View Post
    Thread #16 here, yesterday.
    Still on my Beta Firmware.....

Automated Home Guru

Hm, just had to disable the cold weather boost as although the evohome outside temp is showing 8c the actual temp feels more like 15c family were starting to roast even with a minimum boost of 0.5. Could ideally need the warm weather saver running but obviously not working within current parameters - hey ho always going to be a trade off with automation lol