• Dec 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
    Keep up at the back! ;-)
    You OK Paul?

Comment

• SteveP
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2012

Perfect timing for the new version as autumn has arrived and heating all on this evening so a good test 🤣

Comment

• SteveP
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        Perfect timing for the new version as autumn has arrived and heating all on this evening so a good test 🤣
        Just had a low battery warning Log on a sensor and When I went back to the main display I noticed a red low battery symbol against the zone - is that new as never seen the symbol before as far as I can remember as always had to look at the logs to keep an eye out for battery warnings ??

Comment

• kevinsmart
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Sep 2018

This morning several zones were cold weather boosted because Evohome was indicating 6C outside temperature.

The minimum temperature recorded during the night by my weather station was 9C and the current temperature was 11C.

I double checked my postcode, these readings don’t match Accuweather or reality.

Comment

• filbert
            Automated Home Guru
            • Oct 2017

Just had a low battery warning Log on a sensor and When I went back to the main display I noticed a red low battery symbol against the zone - is that new as never seen the symbol before as far as I can remember as always had to look at the logs to keep an eye out for battery warnings ??
            I’ve had the red low battery symbol on my system and I’m not on the beta firmware. I think it’s always been there.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I’ve had the red low battery symbol on my system and I’m not on the beta firmware. I think it’s always been there.
              I can't remember for sure if the low battery symbol within the zone squares was there right back in 2015, but it was definitely there before the recent beta round.

Comment

• SteveP
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                I can't remember for sure if the low battery symbol within the zone squares was there right back in 2015, but it was definitely there before the recent beta round.
                Thanks for that 😁 I usually see the log display and change the batteries immediately so haven’t really noticed the alert symbol before. 🤣

Comment

• DerekWilliamsUK
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jan 2018

BIG temperature differences/delay this morning.

At 10AM my Evo system is showing an outside temperature of only 8*c which is way low and doesnt even match Accuweather !!

Accuweather.com is also wrong, reporting just 10*c.

My home weather station reports 13*c, as does the BBC Weather App & Google Weather App (both on my Android phone).

Because of this Evo 'lag' the Evo Smart Cold Weather Compensation is still (needlessly) active. My default target setpoint is 22*c, but this has been increased to 23*c.

This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking.

Comment

• anniesboy
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Aug 2019

It is really odd I have been checking this over the last few days and no problem of any real note
                    Today
                    Evohome =13
                    Accu =13
                    Met office =13
                    My weather station =14

Could it be related to the fact I am only about 1.5 miles from an official Met Office weather station at a local RAF station

Comment

• ally153
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                      Wow, 45 pages of this... Would have been great to have been tagged at the start.

Hi everyone, hope you are well?
                      Sorry EVOHOME Shop, not meaning to keep you away from the party!

How are the new features treating you now the weather is turning??

Originally posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post

At 10AM my Evo system is showing an outside temperature of only 8*c which is way low and doesnt even match Accuweather !!

My home weather station reports 13*c, as does the BBC Weather App & Google Weather App (both on my Android phone).

Because of this Evo 'lag' the Evo Smart Cold Weather Compensation is still (needlessly) active. My default target setpoint is 22*c, but this has been increased to 23*c.

This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking.
                      Frustrating! I've forwarded a few MACs to the connected team to look at, hopefully we can figure out what's going on there, hopefully we'll get an answer soon!

Comment

• DerekWilliamsUK
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post

It's now 11:30AM and all is well.
                        Everything AGREES at 14*c, including Evo. So it appears to be the rapid early morning rise in temperatures that Evo cannot keep up with.

Comment

• CT1
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Apr 2016

I too have reported variations in indicated temperatures from different sources and other factors that could influence perceived comfort. What really matters is does this new feature make your house feel more comfortable overall. I am not a trialist but will be interested to hear people’s actual experience in real world usage.

Comment

• SteveP
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
                            I too have reported variations in indicated temperatures from different sources and other factors that could influence perceived comfort. What really matters is does this new feature make your house feel more comfortable overall. I am not a trialist but will be interested to hear people’s actual experience in real world usage.
                            When it was first introduced in the previous beta version at first it appeared a great idea as I have one room that I do need to boost when the weather is particularly cold due to its orientation. However, it quickly turned to a problem when the sun added solar radiation to rooms and the outside temp had risen sharply and yet evohome was still reporting the low o/s temp and merrily boosting rooms. As DerekWilliamsUK eloquently articulates above "This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking." - nuff said!

Comment

• CT1
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Apr 2016

SteveP Thanks for the information, would accurate outside temperature be enough? As you have found solar gain in some rooms could have as much, if not more affect. Hopefully others will share their real world experience.

Comment

• ally153
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Nov 2014

When it was first introduced in the previous beta version at first it appeared a great idea as I have one room that I do need to boost when the weather is particularly cold due to its orientation. However, it quickly turned to a problem when the sun added solar radiation to rooms and the outside temp had risen sharply and yet evohome was still reporting the low o/s temp and merrily boosting rooms. As DerekWilliamsUK eloquently articulates above "This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking." - nuff said!
                                I think, as with all the new features, they are all foundations to build on. Take the load scaling for example, we tried to build upon the feature we released to testers and improve it for the second release. I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks works well and what areas we need to work on. The source we get our information from clearly has it's limitations for some people, which I hope we can improve upon in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X