Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Sr Member

I'm sure you know but just incase. 4 main methods, without going down Alexa or IFTTT route

1 - Turn zone TRV knob to desired setpoint, problem with this is it runs until next schedule setpoint change

2 Evo home click on zone, change temperature to desired, set time to revert back to schedule temperature press tick
    Evohome.jpg

3 Phone/Table App - Tap on zone change setpoint, select time to revert back to schedule.

App1.jpgApp2.jpgApp4.jpg

4 Evohome Webpage App - same as above

Evohome webpage.jpg

Automated Home Sr Member

Alexa Method

“Alexa make my Living Room 21 degrees for 1 hour”

https://ensupport.getconnected.honey...language=en_US
    Last edited by frankmalia; 23rd October 2020 at 03:23 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pnharrison View Post
    New member here but an Evohome user since 2015.
    Firstly the HW Priority drove me crazy for about a week trying to figure out why the CH realy would switch off when HW switches on. Only after much Googling did I find some info here; that it's new feature not mentioned in any user documentation. (and I really don't like this not being optional).
    You must be on the first beta version 19.31 then. Hot water priority was first added in the 19.31 beta as a mandatory feature and as its a beta release the public documentation doesn't match how the beta behaves, not surprisingly.

However in the 2nd beta 19.33 a preference setting was added to the system installer page to let you choose whether you want hot water priority or not.

Like you I strongly prefer no hot water priority for my particular system so I was extremely glad to see the option added in the 2nd beta after a few of us kept pestering the Honeywell guys for it.
    This morning I was woken up at 6am with my main bedroom temp set to 35 degrees, boiler firing, HR92 wide open. The schedule was 21 deg at 8am! That seems to be a serious issue !?
    This was a known bug in 19.31, fixed in 19.33. BTW it was largely a cosmetic bug because the set point would only be high during the optimal start period, and if optimal start had its estimated start time correct the zone would not actually go over temperature as the set point would go back to normal at the scheduled time when optimal start would end. My kitchen zone behaved like this (going to 30C during morning warm up during optimal start) but never actually overshot.

I haven't seen this issue since I updated to 19.33 so that is also fixed.
    There seems to be a bug with the HW control. The Evohome does not warm up the stored hot water; when the CH and HW are set to ON. HW tank is at full temp (55 deg), then a bath is run; and the stored HW temp now drops low (ie 18 degrees). Wait for hours, but the HW won't come on unless i manually turn off the CH.
    That is also a known bug in the 19.31 Beta - if you have any zone set to a manual override where the set point is increased it will prevent hot water being reheated until that manual override is cancelled or the zone stops calling for heat. It drove me crazy during the early beta testing. The good news is this is also fixed in 19.33.
    I've looked at my SW version at it's 02.00.19.31. Do I accidentally have beta software?
    Yes, 19.31 is a beta, and a few people who didn't ask for it seem to have accidentally received it - did you ever sign up to do beta testing in years past ? Downgrading to the previous version would require you to reconfigure your controller from scratch (not fun) however you can upgrade to 19.33.

While still a beta, I've found the 19.33 release excellent with only one minor problem which is that manual overrides made when the Eco/Boost function is active have the Eco/Boost offset added on top of the manual override you request, which is pretty weird, however apart from that it's a good solid release.

I would PM ally153 and ask if he can manually push the 19.33 update to your device. Let him know you somehow received the 19.31 beta without asking for it. 19.33 will fix all the issues you've pointed out but you'll still maintain the new features that these releases have and you won't have to reconfigure your system.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 23rd October 2020 at 04:48 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    You must be on the first beta version 19.31 then...
    ... While still a beta, I've found the 19.33 release excellent
    Thanks for the quick reply; that explains a lot.
    I don't think I signed up to Beta in the past; but I'll be pleased to move onto 19.33 from your description. I'll PM as you suggested.

As an aside, the newer Evohome software/controller does seem greatly improved; much better at maintaining target temperatures by balancing the flow through radiators.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankmalia View Post
    Alexa Method

“Alexa make my Living Room 21 degrees for 1 hour”

https://ensupport.getconnected.honey...language=en_US
    Nope.
    Currently you cannot set a time schedule to the commands. Zone commands to evohome Wi-Fi and Single Zone Thermostat will operate until the next schedule. For example, you cannot say “Alexa make my Bathroom 21 degrees for 1 hour”

Automated Home Sr Member

oh yes, I read it wrong and just tried it. Sorry.

Would be nice...

Automated Home Legend

It seems to me it is high time the beta version stopped being such and the public release of the update was done. Have we not waited several years for this?

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Nope.
    Currently you cannot set a time schedule to the commands. Zone commands to evohome Wi-Fi and Single Zone Thermostat will operate until the next schedule. For example, you cannot say “Alexa make my Bathroom 21 degrees for 1 hour”
    That does actually work with the en-US version of the Alexa skill for TCC but not with the en-GB version TCC International skill. Go figure.

Automated Home Guru

Are any more changes planned? If not, it would be a good idea to roll out the new firmware now so that people can get used to it before winter starts to bight. If there are still bugs then better to hold off until they are squished, but it would be niece to know.

Automated Home Legend

The bug that doesn't periodically reset all opened HR valves during OFF is still not fixed. I only refer to this because this bug has been introduced as a direct consequence of the beta changes.