Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 575

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

  1. #461
    Automated Home Jr Member DerekWilliamsUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post
    BIG temperature differences/delay this morning.

    At 10AM my Evo system is showing an outside temperature of only 8*c which is way low and doesnt even match Accuweather !!

    Accuweather.com is also wrong, reporting just 10*c.

    My home weather station reports 13*c, as does the BBC Weather App & Google Weather App (both on my Android phone).

    Because of this Evo 'lag' the Evo Smart Cold Weather Compensation is still (needlessly) active. My default target setpoint is 22*c, but this has been increased to 23*c.

    This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking.
    It's now 11:30AM and all is well.
    Everything AGREES at 14*c, including Evo. So it appears to be the rapid early morning rise in temperatures that Evo cannot keep up with.

  2. #462
    Automated Home Sr Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I too have reported variations in indicated temperatures from different sources and other factors that could influence perceived comfort. What really matters is does this new feature make your house feel more comfortable overall. I am not a trialist but will be interested to hear people’s actual experience in real world usage.

  3. #463
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    I too have reported variations in indicated temperatures from different sources and other factors that could influence perceived comfort. What really matters is does this new feature make your house feel more comfortable overall. I am not a trialist but will be interested to hear people’s actual experience in real world usage.
    When it was first introduced in the previous beta version at first it appeared a great idea as I have one room that I do need to boost when the weather is particularly cold due to its orientation. However, it quickly turned to a problem when the sun added solar radiation to rooms and the outside temp had risen sharply and yet evohome was still reporting the low o/s temp and merrily boosting rooms. As DerekWilliamsUK eloquently articulates above "This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking." - nuff said!

  4. #464
    Automated Home Sr Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    61

    Default

    SteveP Thanks for the information, would accurate outside temperature be enough? As you have found solar gain in some rooms could have as much, if not more affect. Hopefully others will share their real world experience.

  5. #465
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    When it was first introduced in the previous beta version at first it appeared a great idea as I have one room that I do need to boost when the weather is particularly cold due to its orientation. However, it quickly turned to a problem when the sun added solar radiation to rooms and the outside temp had risen sharply and yet evohome was still reporting the low o/s temp and merrily boosting rooms. As DerekWilliamsUK eloquently articulates above "This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking." - nuff said!
    I think, as with all the new features, they are all foundations to build on. Take the load scaling for example, we tried to build upon the feature we released to testers and improve it for the second release. I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks works well and what areas we need to work on. The source we get our information from clearly has it's limitations for some people, which I hope we can improve upon in time.

  6. #466
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ally153 View Post
    I think, as with all the new features, they are all foundations to build on. Take the load scaling for example, we tried to build upon the feature we released to testers and improve it for the second release. I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks works well and what areas we need to work on. The source we get our information from clearly has it's limitations for some people, which I hope we can improve upon in time.
    Hi ally153 - regarding the O/S temp, I would be happy enough if Accuweather for my local area and evohome were in sync (ie within a 15 min polling window say) as any true local alignment can really only happen with a on-site O/S temp sensor (maybe one day ). My issue is that in the same way as some others (anniesboy appears to be a lucky one ) I see significant variations between evohome reporting and Accuweather for my area that can take several hours to align. So something is amiss (could it be location data as I am looking at my local Accuweather and I am in the countryside but maybe evohome only looks to the nearest major town?? just a thought). If we could get the two sources in "real time" sync I would be happy enough

  7. #467
    Automated Home Sr Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ally153 View Post
    I think, as with all the new features, they are all foundations to build on. Take the load scaling for example, we tried to build upon the feature we released to testers and improve it for the second release. I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks works well and what areas we need to work on. The source we get our information from clearly has it's limitations for some people, which I hope we can improve upon in time.
    I think that you are correct in saying that only time and information from a significant number of people will show how useful this feature is and how it can be improved. There are to many variables to judge solely on theory and every household will be different. What is needed is lots of reports of actual experience and whether it is better or worse for most people.

  8. #468
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Temperature wise mine seems to be playing as it should,accuweather 17degrees,evohome 17 degrees.

  9. #469
    Automated Home Jr Member DerekWilliamsUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    19

    Default

    More weather reporting issues...

    At just after 10AM EVO is reporting an Outside Temperature of only 7*c, whilst the Honeywell Home APP on my Android Phone is reporting 15*c. At the same time the Accuweather App on my Android phone is reporting 12*c (with a Real Feel of 16*c) whilst Accuweather.com on the web is reporting 15*c. Madness !!

    See attached.
    EVO Panel.jpg Accuweather APP Screenshot.jpg Honeywell Home APP Screenshot.jpg
    Last edited by DerekWilliamsUK; 1st September 2020 at 10:28 AM.

  10. #470
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post
    More weather reporting issues...

    At just after 10AM EVO is reporting an Outside Temperature of only 7*c, whilst the Honeywell Home APP on my Android Phone is reporting 15*c. At the same time the Accuweather App on my Android phone is reporting 12*c (with a Real Feel of 16*c) whilst Accuweather.com on the web is reporting 15*c. Madness !!

    See attached.
    EVO Panel.jpg Accuweather APP Screenshot.jpg Honeywell Home APP Screenshot.jpg
    DerekWilliamsUK - you and I must have both been spotting and recording the madness at the same time Here are my figures
    10:10am -
    - Accuweather (both ios app and .com)- 15c
    - home weather station - 14.9c
    - evohome controller - 10C !!!!
    - evohome ios app - 17C !!
    Interestingly at exactly 10:30am evohome decided it was 13c o/s whilst Accuweather still showing 15C and weather station14.9c - so even more bizarre that when evohome does update it has its own "random" temp???

    Ally153, could we have a pseudocode or structured english (or other code view) of exactly what the o/s temp logic is as whilst it is "entertaining" myself and others such as DerekWilliamsUK reporting the inaccuracy of the evohome o/s temp value compared to what you are saying is the authoritative source (Accuweather) , my readings this morning show that it is no longer a simple polling issue as when evohome did update it used a value that Accuweather was not reporting for my area and was several degrees out.
    Last edited by SteveP; 1st September 2020 at 10:51 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •