• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by ally153 View Post
    The firmware is now out of beta and has been released to production. We are going through the process of getting approval for OTA updates. This is a gradual roll-out process as we need to update devices in small batches to ensure there are no issues with the OTA process that haven't been picked up during internal & beta testing. The firmware carries the same version number as used in testing (02.00.19.33) and is identical to the latest version beta testers received. Hope this answers your question!
    That's great, just wanted to know when my customers my be getting it! I'd seen a newly packaged EvoHome stating it had the new features but a number of customers hadn't got the update so that makes sense.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

I find that mostly my real outside temperature measured by my own sensor is within a degree of “internet” obtained temperatures. Currently my outside temperature is 4C. Dark Sky says it is 6C and Evohome says it is 5C. It should be an easy job to use a wireless outdoor sensor which talks to the Evohome Control Panel. After all that is what my outside sensor is doing - it sends readings into HomeKit and the Hue app, which reminds me, it is high time, very high time, that the Evohome app worked with HomeKit.

Comment

• CT1
        Automated Home Guru
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
        I find that mostly my real outside temperature measured by my own sensor is within a degree of “internet” obtained temperatures. Currently my outside temperature is 4C. Dark Sky says it is 6C and Evohome says it is 5C. It should be an easy job to use a wireless outdoor sensor which talks to the Evohome Control Panel. After all that is what my outside sensor is doing - it sends readings into HomeKit and the Hue app, which reminds me, it is high time, very high time, that the Evohome app worked with HomeKit.
        I should have kept my mouth shut. Just checked and Alexa says 5 deg but Evohome controller and app both report 7 deg which is what my outside sensor reports. iPhone says 8 deg. These are all as at 10am. For my location it all appears hit and miss and as I have said before solar gain etc can have a big affect and we will continue with human fuzzy logic on the odd occasion it is required.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Can confirm that the new update is on the latest controllers being shipped out. Fitted a system today and it has the new update

Comment

• CT1
            Automated Home Guru
            • Apr 2016

8:30am today. Actual temp is 7.4, both EvoHome (app & controller) and Alexa say it is 5 deg.

Comment

• DarkV
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Dec 2020

What outside temperature is consider "winter boost" ?

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by DarkV View Post
                What outside temperature is consider "winter boost" ?
                Cold weather boost (I presume you mean) is based on the difference between the set point and outside temperature. In 19.31 this was hard wired to 10 degrees difference but in 19.33 you can customise this value. (it's a global setting across all zones however)

So if you have cold weather boost set to a 10C differential and enabled on a zone with a 21C set point and the outside temperature goes below 11C it will become active for that zone and apply the configured boost offset.

Since it's based on a differential between zone set points and outside temperature and not absolute outside temperature cold weather boost can be applying to some zones and not others if they have different set points.

Comment

• ally153
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                  I hear you - when I last looked into the Apple MFI program, you required a specific Apple authentication chip in order to obtain Homekit support (smaller non-commercial applications I think could avoid this step). Things may have moved on since I last looked at that though.

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                  Can confirm that the new update is on the latest controllers being shipped out. Fitted a system today and it has the new update
                  Great to see end users are starting to see the new firmware in the wild!

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
                  8:30am today. Actual temp is 7.4, both EvoHome (app & controller) and Alexa say it is 5 deg.
                  Thanks CT1, at-least Evo is agreeing with other online services - some users during the beta had reported that their Evo was reporting outside temperature data that appeared hours old v.s. Accuweather. I definitely hear you that the local temperature and the temperature for a given postal code from online services may differ.

Comment

• DarkV
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Dec 2020

Great to see end users are starting to see the new firmware in the wild!
                    I requested the firmware via the website and already had it the next day.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DarkV View Post
                      I requested the firmware via the website and already had it the next day.
                      Has it actually been released? I am on 02.00.17.03

Comment

• DarkV
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Dec 2020

I got 02.00.19.33

Comment

• CT1
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Apr 2016

Today, Sunday 20th at 11pm, the outside temperature is reported by my external thermometer as a stable 8 deg. Alexa reports 6 deg, Evotouch reports 6 deg, Evohome App reports 8 deg and iPhone says 8 deg. Weather is clear and sunny with little wind. In my location it appears that you would have to assume that the internet data can regularly be 2 deg from actual. I don’t know how relevant that would be for the operation of temperature compensation.

My external thermometer is away from any sunshine and completely sheltered from the wind on a North facing garage wall that does not get any heat from the house.

Comment

• ally153
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
                            Today, Sunday 20th at 11pm, the outside temperature is reported by my external thermometer as a stable 8 deg. Alexa reports 6 deg, Evotouch reports 6 deg, Evohome App reports 8 deg and iPhone says 8 deg. Weather is clear and sunny with little wind. In my location it appears that you would have to assume that the internet data can regularly be 2 deg from actual. I don’t know how relevant that would be for the operation of temperature compensation.

My external thermometer is away from any sunshine and completely sheltered from the wind on a North facing garage wall that does not get any heat from the house.
                            Both smart weather features use the outside temperature as a boundary condition, so in the case of winter boost, it will be more likely to activate if the outside reading is lower on the stat and summer shutdown would be delayed till later when the weather heats up more.

The impact of 2 deg on FULL load scaling is pretty minimal, so I wouldn't be overly concerned there - really it's if the temperatures were out by closer to 10 deg you'd start to see a negative impact.

Do you know how the Evo reported temperature compares to Accuweather's temperature for the same time?

Comment

• CT1
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Apr 2016

Both smart weather features use the outside temperature as a boundary condition, so in the case of winter boost, it will be more likely to activate if the outside reading is lower on the stat and summer shutdown would be delayed till later when the weather heats up more.

The impact of 2 deg on FULL load scaling is pretty minimal, so I wouldn't be overly concerned there - really it's if the temperatures were out by closer to 10 deg you'd start to see a negative impact.

Do you know how the Evo reported temperature compares to Accuweather's temperature for the same time?
                              Sorry do not use accuweather. Checked today Tuesday 22 Dec at 10am. Dull, overcast, not much wind temperature stable.

Outside thermometer 10 deg C

Evotouch 6 deg C

EvoHome App 7 deg C

Amazon Alexa 6 deg C

IPhone 8 deg C (Weather.com?)

Accuweather 6 deg C

BBC weather 8 deg C

Don’t know if any of that helps.

Comment

• paulockenden
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Apr 2015

The outside temp problems are caused by delays, and are most noticeable when the days are warm and the nights cold, during the evening and morning.

This time of year when the temperature is pretty much the same day and night the problems won't be showing in the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X