Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    @Petep I think Bed 3 has a 15C sp, I cant see what the Bed 4 schedule is, could you check. If it is 16C then it is that is correct operation. If not I'm very interested.
    Regards AtM
    Bed 3: 06:00 15C, 09:30 15C, 17:30 15C, 22:30 15C
    Bed 4: 07:00 20C, 09:30 16C, 17:30 16C, 22:30 16C

Bed 4 is behaving much as I expect it. I don't understand why Bed 3 isn't subject to WWS.

Automated Home Jr Member

B3DF4C4A-43EF-462E-B9B1-24DC0FE1B68E.jpg
    Here’s an odd screen. Not really sure what to make of it.

It makes sense that leve’s room is heating up, and the radiator was hot, but the Setpoint is showing as 5c and cwb icon as well? The Setpoint should actually be 20c.

The other 5c rooms - no idea. No open window icon and not Wws as no off icon. No idea why they are showing the economy symbol either - they are not scheduled to have been heating so no reason for optimal stop to have activated, if anything they might have been in warm up mode.
    Last edited by AlexP; 10th April 2020 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I worked out how to add a photo

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petep View Post
    Bed 3: 06:00 15C, 09:30 15C, 17:30 15C, 22:30 15C
    Bed 4: 07:00 20C, 09:30 16C, 17:30 16C, 22:30 16C

Bed 4 is behaving much as I expect it. I don't understand why Bed 3 isn't subject to WWS.
    @petep it's because Bed 3 set point is 15C and CWB dosnt operate below 16C

Automated Home Sr Member

If there is no feed yes it just reverts to normal control. The room temperature sp is always respected, it wont shut the system down if we are not within the temperature control tolerance. If you have an opentherm boiler with an outside temperature sensor input Evo will use that in preference to the weather data - just make sure it is positioned correctly - not always an easy thing with OTC
    Andy,

Can you confirm that there is a bug with the controller not reading an OpenTherm boiler outside temperature sensor?

The temperature is and always has been read about once per minute by the OpenTherm bridge, but this is not passed to the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    Andy,

Can you confirm that there is a bug with the controller not reading an OpenTherm boiler outside temperature sensor?

The temperature is and always has been read about once per minute by the OpenTherm bridge, but this is not passed to the controller.
    @kevinsmart I will have to check that, it was certainly in the spec when we added the outside temperature display a few years ago

Automated Home Jr Member

@petep it's because Bed 3 set point is 15C and CWB dosnt operate below 16C
    Andy, I don't understand why you are referring to CWB.

the outside temperature is much higher than 15C.
    Other zones that have higher setpoints are being turned off because of WWS.

My question is why is Bed 3 not subject to WWS, set to 5C (like every other zone) and switched off.

Automated Home Ninja

My question is why is Bed 3 not subject to WWS, set to 5C (like every other zone) and switched off.
    Because the set point of that zone is 15oc (Nothing to do with external temp). WWS doesn't work below a 16oc set point. Set the zone to 16oc and WWS will kick in.

@Peter You are correct, sorry I didnt read the question properly. I will have to have a look at the system to know for sure but I think it is because the WWS decision is based on the learned fuzzy demand not just a simple OTC. I presume the zone is off based on room temperature?
    Regards AtM

Automated Home Jr Member

@Peter You are correct, sorry I didnt read the question properly. I will have to have a look at the system to know for sure but I think it is because the WWS decision is based on the learned fuzzy demand not just a simple OTC. I presume the zone is off based on room temperature?
    Regards AtM
    the zone is 'off' in that it is not calling for heat because the room temp is above the setpoint which is still at 15.

i don't believe the zone will have called for heat since the beta was installed.

Automated Home Guru

CWB been operating all day as outside temp being below 10C but with the bright sun there has been a lot of radiation energy. House is over heated. I do like the idea of the CWB but the 10c point is too blunt. I would like a user set figure or a more sophisticated set point that includes wind chill. I generally find I want to boost the inside temps when outside is 4C or less and a strong northerly