Page 45 of 88 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Guru

today at 08:52 I have the following o/s temp readings
    1 - evohome 12C
    2 - Accuweather 14C
    3 - my digital outside temp gauge 15.2C
    so still unclear why Evohome is lagging so far behind

Automated Home Legend

@ally153 If we are making a list of bugs that are not fixed in .33 here is one.
    When radiator valves are used on all radiators, Evohome's normal advice is not to use a zone valve on the CH circuit. However since .31 when you put Heating Off on the controller, all the manual overrides from radiator valves are ignored. In previous versions, they were not, but I think that was a bug (even though some of us loved it).
    However now that manual override stays on the radiator valve but ofcourse the boiler never fires. So the person who made the manual override has no idea why.
    Things get quite interesting when the HW kicks in, in this situation, which could be several hours or days later. Because there is no zone valve on the CH circuit but the radiator valve is completely open, due to the manual override made at some point, that radiator gets toasty. And no one even realises it and why.

During Heating Off, the controller should resend the Off set point at various intervals, so that atleast any valves opened are closed again and it always provides a visual clue to the person that something is stopping the manual override.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    During Heating Off, the controller should resend the Off set point at various intervals
    Good call.

Automated Home Sr Member

Just to add balance to temperature readings,i just checked mine

1=evohome 16
    2=accuweather 16
    3= 0regon weather station 16.4

So no lag

Quote Originally Posted by anniesboy View Post
    Just to add balance to temperature readings,i just checked mine

1=evohome 16
    2=accuweather 16
    3= 0regon weather station 16.4

So no lag
    Or the temperature hasn't changed much over the past few hours.

Lag is most visible during the earlier mornings and evenings. Less so at mid-day.

P.

Automated Home Jr Member

[QUOTE=DBMandrake;43031]As far as I can see the code doesn't need to know whether there was a manual override set before before Eco mode was enabled (and therefore be trying to restore anything later) because cancelling Eco mode already cancels all manual set point overrides and goes back to the scheduled temperature (follow schedule mode) anyway - just like every other quick action change. So there's nothing special for it to do.
    From memory, if you set a timed Eco/Boost, if there are overrides in place, they will continue to run if the time Eco finishes before them, but we reduce the setpoint of the override along with the other zones, which causes the complication. I expect this issue can be fixed relatively easily, but I always want to approach these problems with an abundance of caution so I don’t fix something for you just to create a new problem further down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    The way it tries to add the Eco/Boost offset on top of manual overrides is quite a significant problem IMHO, there's going to be a few very puzzled people when they try to apply manual overrides with Eco/Boost set and find that it is "fighting" them. It makes getting the desired manual override a bit of a chore even when you do understand what's going on.
    I completely understand how annoying the override issue could get!

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Agreed. I saw similar improvements in my graphs this spring with 19.31. Load scaling is great for warmer weather with light demands (I no longer have to manually turn down my flow temperature in summer) and also schedules where the house may be in equilibrium for a few hours and then a zone like a bedroom is scheduled to come on - with no load scaling that bedroom would bring the boiler demand instantly to 100% and remain there for perhaps half an hour until the zone started to approach the set point, this would inevitably cause uncomfortable overshoots in other rooms like the Living room that were previously in a nice equilibrium state as those rooms were not expecting a sudden step change in flow temperature. I noticed this a lot last winter.
    Perfect, this is exactly what we were aiming for and what we had seen in our test lab and homes – great to see feedback from the field seeing the same improvements.

So is all weather compensation abandoned if the Internet weather feed cannot be retrieved.
    Yes, when outside temperature information disappears, we cancel all active weather & optimisations in effect and re-calculate the setpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by CT1 View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with DBM that it is well past time that the battery management issue for the controller was addressed.
    The battery management code does cover topping up batteries. I believe the problem with battery management stems from contact issues. The workaround I’ve been given for those affected by this issue is to try cleaning the contacts on both ends your unit and the battery ends too.

You had one (in fact I did too!) and it worked on the V2 controllers. It was just stupidly expensive. Bring that back at a decent price, I am sure the functionality is already in your code base. Like so many other things (cough..)
    You're absolutely right, we did and actually we did have debug screens to allow us to test the weather features internally. Those screens haven’t been translated into all countries Evo is offered to and so isn’t in the released software as we didn’t want to compromise the user experience.

The sensor we used to produce, as you’ve mentioned was expensive if you are only using it for a temperature reading and has been made obsolete (some of the components can’t even be sourced anymore, with no alternate parts, so literally we can’t produce that device even if we wanted to).

None of this rules out support for an external sensor either via OT and/or a proprietary sensor in the future, there simply wasn’t enough time and resource in this project to accomplish either.

Wow, 45 pages of this... Would have been great to have been tagged at the start.

Hi everyone, hope you are well?

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Would have been great to have been tagged at the start.
    Keep up at the back! ;-)

Automated Home Guru

Accu weather 14c
    Digital weather station gauge 13.7c
    Evohome 17c !!
    Que??? Someat not quite right me thinks 🤣

Automated Home Sr Member

Mine is ok

Accu =14

Digital weather station =15.1

Evohome =14

Met Office =15