Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Keep up at the back! ;-)
    You OK Paul?

Automated Home Guru

Perfect timing for the new version as autumn has arrived and heating all on this evening so a good test 🤣

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Perfect timing for the new version as autumn has arrived and heating all on this evening so a good test 🤣
    Just had a low battery warning Log on a sensor and When I went back to the main display I noticed a red low battery symbol against the zone - is that new as never seen the symbol before as far as I can remember as always had to look at the logs to keep an eye out for battery warnings ??

Automated Home Ninja

This morning several zones were cold weather boosted because Evohome was indicating 6C outside temperature.

The minimum temperature recorded during the night by my weather station was 9C and the current temperature was 11C.

I double checked my postcode, these readings don’t match Accuweather or reality.

Automated Home Guru

Just had a low battery warning Log on a sensor and When I went back to the main display I noticed a red low battery symbol against the zone - is that new as never seen the symbol before as far as I can remember as always had to look at the logs to keep an eye out for battery warnings ??
    I’ve had the red low battery symbol on my system and I’m not on the beta firmware. I think it’s always been there.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    I’ve had the red low battery symbol on my system and I’m not on the beta firmware. I think it’s always been there.
    I can't remember for sure if the low battery symbol within the zone squares was there right back in 2015, but it was definitely there before the recent beta round.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I can't remember for sure if the low battery symbol within the zone squares was there right back in 2015, but it was definitely there before the recent beta round.
    Thanks for that 😁 I usually see the log display and change the batteries immediately so haven’t really noticed the alert symbol before. 🤣

Automated Home Jr Member DerekWilliamsUK's Avatar

BIG temperature differences/delay this morning.

At 10AM my Evo system is showing an outside temperature of only 8*c which is way low and doesnt even match Accuweather !!

Accuweather.com is also wrong, reporting just 10*c.

My home weather station reports 13*c, as does the BBC Weather App & Google Weather App (both on my Android phone).

Because of this Evo 'lag' the Evo Smart Cold Weather Compensation is still (needlessly) active. My default target setpoint is 22*c, but this has been increased to 23*c.

This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking.

Automated Home Sr Member

It is really odd I have been checking this over the last few days and no problem of any real note
    Today
    Evohome =13
    Accu =13
    Met office =13
    My weather station =14

Could it be related to the fact I am only about 1.5 miles from an official Met Office weather station at a local RAF station

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Wow, 45 pages of this... Would have been great to have been tagged at the start.

Hi everyone, hope you are well?
    Sorry EVOHOME Shop, not meaning to keep you away from the party!

How are the new features treating you now the weather is turning??

Quote Originally Posted by DerekWilliamsUK View Post
    BIG temperature differences/delay this morning.

At 10AM my Evo system is showing an outside temperature of only 8*c which is way low and doesnt even match Accuweather !!

Accuweather.com is also wrong, reporting just 10*c.

My home weather station reports 13*c, as does the BBC Weather App & Google Weather App (both on my Android phone).

Because of this Evo 'lag' the Evo Smart Cold Weather Compensation is still (needlessly) active. My default target setpoint is 22*c, but this has been increased to 23*c.

This Smart Cold Weather Compensation is a great feature, but it is ruined by the poor outside temperature tracking.
    Frustrating! I've forwarded a few MACs to the connected team to look at, hopefully we can figure out what's going on there, hopefully we'll get an answer soon!