Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 789

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

  1. #671
    Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fmb View Post
    Hi all,

    Just enrolled here. Living in the Netherlands and thanks to this forum I got aware of the possibility to get a beta firmware installed with improved Heatpump control.

    Since two weeks I am the owner of an hybrid heatpump (Remeha Elga Ace 6kW) and my search for improved “co-operation” between Evohome and a heatpump brought me here.

    At the moment I have one question;
    The new firmware has the option to add a heatpump, but it won’t allow to connect my BDR91 relais for it. From a (new?) manual of Evohome that I found, I understood I need a BDR91T relais. Seems to make sense, since I would expect that a Heatpump relais should at least have two contacts; one to heat and one to cool.

    However I also found this website, from which I understand that from a specific production date on the BDR91 is the same as the BDR91T. Since my BDR91 relais is newer (date code end of 2019), I would expect that it is the same/similar to the BDR91T.

    Anyone knows what’s the issue here?
    Will there be a new BDR91T relais, or is this an issue for the beta firmware?

    Edited: I just found this post as well. This tells there is (or will be) a new relais. Curious when it will be better available.
    The BDR91T is available in the Netherlands but only since the new heatpump firmware was released. I would recommend having a conversation with NL tech support as I can't predict how a hybrid heatpump will be controlled internally. It could be Remeha have built a lot of internal logic into the appliance and maybe a simple opentherm connection from Evo is the best option
    Regards AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

  2. #672
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    The BDR91T is available in the Netherlands but only since the new heatpump firmware was released. I would recommend having a conversation with NL tech support as I can't predict how a hybrid heatpump will be controlled internally. It could be Remeha have built a lot of internal logic into the appliance and maybe a simple opentherm connection from Evo is the best option
    Regards AtM
    My installer advised to keep the on/off control, and he contacted Remeha for this.
    Just to be sure I just contacted Remeha myself (by email).

  3. #673
    Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fmb View Post
    My installer advised to keep the on/off control, and he contacted Remeha for this.
    Just to be sure I just contacted Remeha myself (by email).
    Fmb, I was suggesting contacting the Resideo tech support rather than Remeha (no harm in that of course) but Remeha probably won't have much idea what the new Evo features are
    Regards AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

  4. #674
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,254

    Default

    While you're there Andy, any idea when 19.33 is going to go into general release and the Beta testing period will be over ?

    We've been beta testing these two beta versions since April now, I think 19.33 is well tested by now...

    One reason I ask is that many new Evohome's seem to have been sold with 19.31 pre-installed also quite a few people who were not on the beta program received 19.31 without asking for it and unfortunately 19.31 is very buggy... I'm sure those that have found this forum for help are a small percentage of those who are running 19.31 without realising, so it seems prudent for the much more stable and reliable 19.33 to go out now especially now that winter is here.

  5. #675
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Hello all, first post on this forum. Signed up for beta a few days ago, and now running 19.33

    Question: Is there any documentation available to explain the new features? I have read through the majority of this thread...and have not been able to locate any official documentation. I did not receive an email with any info after I signed up.

    Thanks for your help.
    P

  6. #676
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Page one of this thread lists the new features,you should have received an email that contains the info you require.Lots of info contained within this tread,just need to read through the 68 pages.
    Last edited by garymtitley; 26th November 2020 at 03:59 PM.

  7. #677
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Thanks, I've already read Page 1.

    It states:
    "After applying for the beta – you will receive a notification from our customer care team stating you have been successful (whilst we are going to try and accommodate everyone, we have to onboard over time). The email will have additional information and insights which will be able to tell you more about the functions and help provide you with a basis to then give feedback if asked. Please give us some reasonable time to respond."

    I did not get any email or any additional info - so I'm asking where I find it.

    Thanks.

  8. #678
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Fmb, I was suggesting contacting the Resideo tech support rather than Remeha (no harm in that of course) but Remeha probably won't have much idea what the new Evo features are
    Regards AtM

    Good one ;-)
    Maybe I learn something, but they refer to the installer quite quickly.
    I’ll contact Honeywell as well.
    Last edited by Fmb; 26th November 2020 at 09:31 PM.

  9. #679
    Automated Home Sr Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbrain View Post
    Thanks, I've already read Page 1.

    It states:
    "After applying for the beta – you will receive a notification from our customer care team stating you have been successful (whilst we are going to try and accommodate everyone, we have to onboard over time). The email will have additional information and insights which will be able to tell you more about the functions and help provide you with a basis to then give feedback if asked. Please give us some reasonable time to respond."

    I did not get any email or any additional info - so I'm asking where I find it.

    Thanks.
    I didn't receive an email either, so I'd also like to know where I can see a copy. Or could someone post a (suitably redacted) copy here?

  10. #680

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •