• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CT1
    Automated Home Guru
    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    I agree and it would be nice if they would cure the batteries in the Control Panel issue. Whenever I take my panel off its mount it immediately bleeps and hangs saying it has no power. I know I can remedy this but only for a short while before it happens again.
    I have had the same problem with the batteries since the system was installed. At first we thought it was a faulty controller and my installer replaced it. I “refresh” the battery charge from time to time but find this a nuisance and it makes the EvoHome look like a beta product. Sadly I doubt it will get fixed, at least not until Resideo produce new controller hardware (if ever).

Comment

• Fmb
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2020

Don’t have this issue over here. Hope yours will be fixed!

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Fmb View Post
        Don’t have this issue over here. Hope yours will be fixed!
        Do you leave yours on a wall mount 24/7 without ever removing it though ? Only people who never remove the controller from the mount (thus never cause it to operate from batteries) see this issue. If you take it off the mount from time to time it will wake up to the fact that the batteries need charging.

Comment

• Fmb
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2020

It is allways on the wall mount, removed it a few times for 15 to 30 minutes to change some settings while observing the floorheating dividers.

Comment

• chrisgare
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2013

Interesting. Having experienced this issue since the launch of the first b/w generation of Evohome, this post prompted me to take the controller off the stand for many months. I immediately got a screen-sized message telling me to replace it on the stand as the battery charge was low. This looked like a completely new message I had not seen before? I usually then break apart the batteries to trigger the recharging cycle as indicated by the lightning flash icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

However, this time I immediately got the lightning logo when I put it back on the stand and it seems to be charging without the usual manual intervention.

Is this just me and my poor memory or have things changed and improved?

Comment

• Fmb
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Nov 2020

Just checked to be sure.

If I remove the Honeywell Evohome wifi from the wallmount it gives no noise or message. It only shows a battery symbol (with a full battery).
              If I place it back the only thing happens is that the battery symbol disappears.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
                Interesting. Having experienced this issue since the launch of the first b/w generation of Evohome, this post prompted me to take the controller off the stand for many months. I immediately got a screen-sized message telling me to replace it on the stand as the battery charge was low. This looked like a completely new message I had not seen before? I usually then break apart the batteries to trigger the recharging cycle as indicated by the lightning flash icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
                That message has always been there but doesn't display until the battery is critically low.

With good batteries with a full charge you should get about 3 hours with it off the stand with just the regular beep and otherwise still usable, then another 3 hours with the big red warning which blocks you from doing anything (but the heating system still runs) until it completely dies. So you should get about 6 hours in total where the heating system is still working.

However, this time I immediately got the lightning logo when I put it back on the stand and it seems to be charging without the usual manual intervention.

Is this just me and my poor memory or have things changed and improved?
                When there is a critical battery warning it triggers a full charge cycle without having to use the workaround.

Comment

• chrisgare
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2013

Thanks, Simon - the last sentence is new information for me!

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                    That message has always been there but doesn't display until the battery is critically low.

With good batteries with a full charge you should get about 3 hours with it off the stand with just the regular beep and otherwise still usable, then another 3 hours with the big red warning which blocks you from doing anything (but the heating system still runs) until it completely dies. So you should get about 6 hours in total where the heating system is still working.When there is a critical battery warning it triggers a full charge cycle without having to use the workaround.
                    I have never ever had the joy of 3 hours. Even with what are meant to be full6 charged batteries. 15 minutes is about the maximum. I suppose if I fully charged new batteries independently of the Panel and then put them in I will get the 3 hours, but if I simply remove the batteries with the owner off it’s mount, then put them back and it charges them, 15 minutes is about it. No doubt the Panel never fully charges the batteries. I had this problem with the original Control Panel and of course with the currrent one.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

I have never ever had the joy of 3 hours. Even with what are meant to be full6 charged batteries. 15 minutes is about the maximum. I suppose if I fully charged new batteries independently of the Panel and then put them in I will get the 3 hours, but if I simply remove the batteries with the owner off it’s mount, then put them back and it charges them, 15 minutes is about it. No doubt the Panel never fully charges the batteries. I had this problem with the original Control Panel and of course with the currrent one.
                      If you're only getting 15 minutes the batteries are faulty or aren't being fully charged by the controller.

I did a test not long after I got my system on the original batteries and it achieved 3 hours before the red warning screen and nearly 3 hours of red warning screen before it finally died.

It boggles my mind that this charging bug still exists 6 years after the WiFi controller was released, either they don't care or the battery charging system is not firmware upgradable.

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                        If you're only getting 15 minutes the batteries are faulty or aren't being fully charged by the controller.

I did a test not long after I got my system on the original batteries and it achieved 3 hours before the red warning screen and nearly 3 hours of red warning screen before it finally died.

It boggles my mind that this charging bug still exists 6 years after the WiFi controller was released, either they don't care or the battery charging system is not firmware upgradable.
                        I tried with fresh new fully charged batteries once and got a longer period. But these were batteries charged up externally. Relying on the Control Panel to fully charge batteries, even new ones, is a no no for me. It just don't happen. I shall run another test though to see if anything has changed.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

I tried with fresh new fully charged batteries once and got a longer period. But these were batteries charged up externally. Relying on the Control Panel to fully charge batteries, even new ones, is a no no for me. It just don't happen. I shall run another test though to see if anything has changed.
                          I have tried it. A pair of fully charged batteries, charged from zero to full lasted one hour four minutes when I took the panel off the charger and before the first bleep. Within a couple of minutes it then closed on me and needed to be put back on the panel. This won’t last of course. Eventually the batteries drain as the panel does not charge them for the reasons DPMandrake has already outlined.

Comment

• filbert
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Oct 2017

When I did a reset on mine, they lasted 2.5 hours and that’s with the original (2017) batteries. See this post: https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...ll=1#post45077

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by SplanK View Post
                              I have just pinged them an email.... see what happens!
                              Can you confirm which email or form you used? I have a customers who's needs updating.

Comment

• microkid
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Mar 2021

Something very strange here: Evohome with firmware 19.33. Cold weather boost enabled for 1 zone. I set this zone to absent for this day as I was not at home. When I came home, I noticed the system used a lot of gas. I checked the zones and the zone with the cold weather boost was asking for warmth 100% of the time, but the HR92 was not opened. So the boiler was using gas in vain... I then disabled the cold weather boost for this zone and all was solved. No 100% requests anymore.
                                What might be wrong here?

Hmm, there is more going on. Although the set temp is 17 degrees and the actual temp is 17 degrees, there is a 100% request for warmth, but the HR92 does not open... My boiler is burning gas like crazy. I already reset the HR92 and re-added it to the zone without effect. As I have some more strange issues with the HR92 in this zone, I just ordered a new one to see if that will help.
                                Last edited by microkid; 7 December 2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X