Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Paul, from the email I can only see cold boost icons having been added Warm weather shutdown and load scaling appear to be "behind the scenes magic"
    That appears to be correct, I see the Warm Weather behaviour without icons so far.

Automated Home Sr Member

My evohome system is running via opentherm control,bedroom 1,2 and three are at the moment following the warm weather function and are off,the colour on the evohome controller is grey but not showing any other icons.All other zones are starting to come online as per normal.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by garymtitley View Post
    My evohome system is running via opentherm control,bedroom 1,2 and three are at the moment following the warm weather function and are off,the colour on the evohome controller is grey but not showing any other icons.All other zones are starting to come online as per normal.
    Yes, just noticed that zones are grey with off icon.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    Yes, I’m using OpenTherm with my own weather compensation via OTGW and the behaviour has definitely changed with the firmware upgrade.

The boiler was completely off, 10C demand, rather than a low 20-30C demand.
    Sounds like warm weather shutdown is only useful on an OpenTherm system then, as a TPI system will already not fire the boiler until the heat demand is at least 10%. (Dependent on minimum on time and cycle settings)

Still don't have the update yet so I can only speculate how it will behave on a TPI system.

Automated Home Legend

Have you seen any evidence yet of the outside temperature being exchanged between the OTB and boiler?

Automated Home Legend

Warm weather is working on my system too today - all zones as showing as off currently. TPI based system.

Automated Home Legend

We have discussed HW priority.
    But what is HW heating state that appears to be another feature?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Warm weather is working on my system too today - all zones as showing as off currently. TPI based system.
    Ok, but would the boiler have been stopped anyway without the feature enabled due to heat demand of all zones being less than 10% ? Next time you see that condition, turn the feature off and see whether the boiler fires...

We've had warm weather today with rooms being near their set points without any help from the heating and my boiler has been off most of the day too, and I'm still on the old firmware.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Ok, but would the boiler have been stopped anyway without the feature enabled due to heat demand of all zones being less than 10% ? Next time you see that condition, turn the feature off and see whether the boiler fires...

We've had warm weather today with rooms being near their set points without any help from the heating and my boiler has been off most of the day too, and I'm still on the old firmware.
    You are right, when I checked the demand all zones were showing as 0% before - but i'm not sure if that was because the feature had kicked in and switched them to 'off' (They show as like you've set the system to 'Heating OFF') For instance the kitchen is set at 21oc, and was showing as 20.5oc room temp and showing as warm weather shut down. I suspect if i'd turned warm weather off this zone would have come back on (As there's two rads in there) I'll check next time when there's a low demand, not always easy to catch a 10% demand though!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    We have discussed HW priority.
    But what is HW heating state that appears to be another feature?
    It shows the status of heating within little Cylinder on the display next to the HW temp - fully coloured in means HW heated (Solid Red), Flame symbol within the cylinder symbol means currently heating.