Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend

So different from the Red Dot which shows that its within a HW schedule but not necessarily heating.

Automated Home Guru

As others, I am also seeing the same this evening with warm weather saver enabled in that certain zones are greyed out and showing the Off icon and certain zones are showing normal working. All zones are set to use warm saver. However, I do appear to see some impact from Advanced Load Scaling being set on. Whilst a couple of the zones were showing as below temp and active, the boiler didn't fire. I left it for approx. 10 mins and still no boiler activity. One zone was 2 degrees below its set point. After playing around with Warm Weather Saver and not seeing an impact, I tried turning off Advanced Load Scaling and the boiler fired. I then tried turning Advanced Load Scaling back on (both full and partial tested) and the boiler turned off.
    So two questions
    1) When all zones are set to use Warm Weather Saver, what determines whether a zone shows as being "off - ie greyed out" and what determines that a zone should show as "normal" ie being active even if the zone is up to temp
    2) Why does Load Scaling stop the boiler firing when some zones are in Weather Saver Mode?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    It seems there are a number of us with “old Glow Worm boilers”. It says a lot for their long life qualities. Unlike today’s versions

I still await my beta update so am intrigued to see what it looks like.
    We have an Ideal Mexico S2 that was probably 4 or 5 years old when we moved in in late 1997 - which makes it at least 25 years old and (fingers crossed) still going strong. Have been advised not to change it as there’s very little to go wrong.

I have to confess that it rarely gets a service.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    As others, I am also seeing the same this evening with warm weather saver enabled in that certain zones are greyed out and showing the Off icon and certain zones are showing normal working. All zones are set to use warm saver. However, I do appear to see some impact from Advanced Load Scaling being set on. Whilst a couple of the zones were showing as below temp and active, the boiler didn't fire. I left it for approx. 10 mins and still no boiler activity. One zone was 2 degrees below its set point. After playing around with Warm Weather Saver and not seeing an impact, I tried turning off Advanced Load Scaling and the boiler fired. I then tried turning Advanced Load Scaling back on (both full and partial tested) and the boiler turned off.
    So two questions
    1) When all zones are set to use Warm Weather Saver, what determines whether a zone shows as being "off - ie greyed out" and what determines that a zone should show as "normal" ie being active even if the zone is up to temp
    2) Why does Load Scaling stop the boiler firing when some zones are in Weather Saver Mode?
    Update - Conservatory zone showing as "off" dropped 0.5C below set point still showed as "off". then dropped 1C below set point and zone was automatically reactivated- rads are warming up

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Update - Conservatory zone showing as "off" dropped 0.5C below set point still showed as "off". then dropped 1C below set point and zone was automatically reactivated- rads are warming up
    I am envious. I can’t wait to be able to play!

Automated Home Guru

todays update - a mixed bag on the controller with some zones showing warm weather saver on (the zone greyed out and showing the off icon), other zones working as normal. A very interesting situation though is that I have two rooms adjacent where room one is on the outside of the house and due to its construction does loose heat quickly as large glass areas and quite old garden room type design, the adjacent room is protected by other rooms. Normally they behave to a degree the same so the outside room is quite cold and needs extra heat. This morning the outside room rads were full on and the inside room rad was off even though both have the same temp setting and were up to temp. Rather clever as the system had detected the different behaviour of the rooms and proactively compensated rather than the usual reactive response from evohome. Hoping this is a feature of the updates and not just a freak behaviour??

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I am envious. I can’t wait to be able to play!
    yep some very interesting and leading edge features in this update Hope you get your update soon

Automated Home Guru

So, that's now both Saturday and Sunday on my controller setting my bedrooms to 35C. Today, Monday, it all seemed ok, but, I may simply not have been up in time to see it early on.

Roy.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

@AlexP and @roydonaldson.
    I have had a conversation with the Elves and this is a known bug.
    It looks worse than it actually is, the rooms will not overheat because it is reporting 35°C the target temperature is still the real setpoint.
    Regards
    AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Guru

Thanks. Good to know. Whew.