Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I am envious. I can’t wait to be able to play!
    Ah good. I'm not the only one who doesn't have the update yet.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Correction, I now have the update.

I've made some interesting observations about the new firmware already. One of the suggestions we made a year or so ago seems to have been silently implemented. I wonder if anyone else has spotted it yet.... it relates to heating off and away modes. (Indirectly anyway)

Automated Home Guru

Correction, I now have the update.

I've made some interesting observations about the new firmware already. One of the suggestions we made a year or so ago seems to have been silently implemented. I wonder if anyone else has spotted it yet.... it relates to heating off and away modes. (Indirectly anyway)
    Just looked and cant see anything different ? What am I missing ?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Just looked and cant see anything different ? What am I missing ?
    Turning the heating off immediately forces all the heat demand figures in the system summary page to 0% and turns off the boiler relay immediately, rather than the usual several minute delay where set point changes are sent to HR92's, HR92's close and send back zero heat demands.

It seems that if the set points of zones are set more than a certain amount below the current measured temperature (I don't know how much yet, more testing needed) then the heat demand for the zone is internally forced to 0% in the controller even before the HR92 sends an updated heat demand.

This solves a few problems:

1) Slow "heating off" action. Now pressing heating off works immediately causing the relay to go off and stay off even before HR92's react. (Lot's of people ask why heating off is so slow or why the boiler seems to cycle on again after heating off is applied)
    2) Solves the problem where a comms issue causes one HR92 not to report back a zero heat demand causing the boiler to run on for another 20 minutes or so. (I see that occasionally)
    3) Solves the issue of people manually turning up HR92's in heating off mode (or away mode for that matter) - previously this would not appear on the controller but the boiler would come on and heat the room anyway! Not anymore. Parents will love this change...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 6th April 2020 at 11:53 AM.

Automated Home Legend

It looks like the heat demand of a zone is clamped to 0% by the controller (independently of what the HR92 reports) if the set point is about 2C or more lower than the reported temperature - so a little bit outside the proportional band. And it is "unclamped" again if the set point is equal or higher than the current temperature. Seems reasonable. Basically a belt and suspenders approach to dealing with zero heat demand for a zone.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 6th April 2020 at 12:38 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Turning the heating off immediately forces all the heat demand figures in the system summary page to 0% and turns off the boiler relay immediately, rather than the usual several minute delay where set point changes are sent to HR92's, HR92's close and send back zero heat demands.

It seems that if the set points of zones are set more than a certain amount below the current measured temperature (I don't know how much yet, more testing needed) then the heat demand for the zone is internally forced to 0% in the controller even before the HR92 sends an updated heat demand.

1) Slow "heating off" action. Now pressing heating off works immediately causing the relay to go off and stay off even before HR92's react. (Lot's of people ask why heating off is so slow or why the boiler seems to cycle on again after heating off is applied)
    2) Solves the problem where a comms issue causes one HR92 not to report back a zero heat demand causing the boiler to run on for another 20 minutes or so. (I see that occasionally)
    3) Solves the issue of people manually turning up HR92's in heating off mode (or away mode for that matter) - previously this would not appear on the controller but the boiler would come on and heat the room anyway! Not anymore. Parents will love this change...
    Ah good spot ! Yes I have been a "victim" of the heating off where I end up turning the heating temp control on the boiler to off as the heating trundles away until eventually the evohome shuts everything down which can take up to 10 mins. Glad that has been added

Automated Home Legend

This bug/feature was what made me buy an HGI80. To find out which HR80 was turned up when the Heating was Off. However, then I started using this feature quite effectively for quickly heating individual zones.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

@G4RHL Sorry but I still need you to reply to the PM. Your second application wasnt from a registered email address and I need you to confirm or reapply with the correct account so we dont accidentally push this firmware to some unsuspecting sole
    Regards AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

I am not sure I like the Cold Weather Boost feature. Especially because of the single Global boost value. So like Optimisation, it could have been really useful but isn't. Great idea poor implementation.
    I find the whole concept of a global setting for a system that is basically designed to help zone a global system very counterproductive.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

@DBMandrake Correct, good knowledge
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses