Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    @DBMandrake Correct, good knowledge
    I learned very quickly that Simon (@DBM) is one of those people who it's best not to argue with, because he's always right (I mean that in a nice sense, it's not a criticism) and has a shedload of knowledge and evidence to back up anything he posts!

You guys should hire him!

P.
    Last edited by paulockenden; 6th April 2020 at 02:31 PM.

Automated Home Legend

@Andy the Minion is it possible to have a change log please. Or are the folks at Resideo enjoying us playing Treasure Hunt during the lockdown?
    Some of us have gotten used to actually using some of the "bugs". So we would appreciate being proactively told that they are fixed. Rather than only mentioning the new features that the firmware has introduced.

Automated Home Legend

And what appears on the forum is only the easy to understand stuff. You should see what Simon is able to produce in the background. Extremely impressive stuff. And to think, he still doesn't own an HGI80 and it takes the analysis to an entire new level.

Automated Home Legend

Consequence of the Heating Off bug being fixed is that the HR80 is now stuck on a manually adjusted Set Point, that it will never reach because the boiler won't fire. That Set Point is not updated either because the Controller has basically gone Off. What should have happened is that the HR80 Set Point should have been updated back to 5C after a while to indicate that the Controller isn't listening to any local changes.

Automated Home Legend

Shouldn't cause an issue though because the set point will be updated when heating off is disabled.

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

Wow, got the firmware update within about 2 minutes of filling in the form

@Andy the Minion, do you have any idea if any of these new settings will be queryable/settable from the API? If Resideo is putting some effort into new firmware it would be nice if the API got a little extra love too.

I have warm weather shutdown (WWS) activated and it's a summer's day today so the feature is active. I notice that with my overall system set to Economy mode and the schedule for my Office requesting a setpoint of 15 deg, WWS has actually set the system-off setpoint of 5 deg for this zone, which is fine by me. However, the API is reporting "setpointMode" : "FollowSchedule" for this zone, which is not a true representation of the situation any more. Will this be addressed?
    Last edited by philchillbill; 6th April 2020 at 04:16 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philchillbill View Post
    I have warm weather shutdown (WWS) activated and it's a summer's day today so the feature is active. I notice that with my overall system set to Economy mode and the schedule for my Office requesting a setpoint of 15 deg, WWS has actually set the system-off setpoint of 5 deg for this zone, which is fine by me. However, the API is reporting "setpointMode" : "FollowSchedule" for this zone, which is not a true representation of the situation any more. Will this be addressed?
    If I remember right window open mode being active is "reported" the same way in the API - eg the set point shows as 5C with follow schedule. Even the iPhone app doesn't know the difference between open window mode and an actual 5C set point.

The API could certainly be fleshed out a bit more. Heat demand *cough*.

Automated Home Jr Member

@AlexP and @roydonaldson.
    I have had a conversation with the Elves and this is a known bug.
    It looks worse than it actually is, the rooms will not overheat because it is reporting 35°C the target temperature is still the real setpoint.
    Regards
    AtM
    Great news thanks Andy.

On another note I observed what may be an issue last night - office scheduled to 16c and warm weather mode had turned it ‘off’. Went into the office and manually turned up the temp on the hr92. However the radiator never heated up. The controller was reporting a 100% demand but the boiler relay was only at about 10%, presumably from another zone.

So is the warm weather shutdown overruling any local override? This seems wrong to me...

Or possibly it is the scaling not yet calibrated properly yet, although it seems pretty close to spot on in the other zones.

Automated Home Legend

Warm Weather has been acting a bit strange on my system today - or at least it appears so. I've been pottering around in the garage and the heating relay keeps coming on - on further investigation the majority of the system is in 'Warm Weather' and zones showing as shut down, however Living Room and Kitchen are not in WW mode - apart from these are both above their set points (1.5oc for L, 1.0oc for K) so unsure why they aren't really.

So i'm not sure where the heat is going from the heating relay coming On/Off (Haven't had chance to monitor yet and check demand page when it's doing it). But seems odd that it's coming on at all....

Automated Home Legend

@DBMandrake Correct, good knowledge
    I've done a little bit of testing on this today and discovered a bug with frost protection. Well, you might call it an unintended interaction rather than a bug I suppose, but the end result is it breaks something.

I was curious to see how the new heat demand clamping behaved with frost protection in heating off mode. The good news is that frost protection in heating off mode does still work. The bad news is frost protection effectively doesn't work if load scaling is enabled. Whoops!

My test setup was to basically throw an HR92 attached to a spare valve body in the freezer with the door adjar while the heating was in heating off mode. Unfortunately it got all the way down to near zero degrees without the boiler relay ever turning on. However the heating relay did turn on intermittently towards the end of the test.

The following screenshots show the "Bathroom" zone down to about 2 degrees and the heat demands on the system summary page:

What has happened is although the zone is calling for 100% heat the load scaling has scaled the load down so much (presumably due to the very low 5C set point ?) that the heat demand going to the boiler relay is only 10% - and 10% isn't quite enough to overcome the minimum on-time requirements for the boiler relay, (11% for 6 cycles per hour and one minute on-time) so the boiler never fired at all during the 20 or so minutes that the zone was freezing and calling for heat.

The heating zone valve relay did cycle on intermittently (since it doesn't abide by the minimum on-time setting) but only for 10% of the time, and without the boiler relay coming on its action is useless.

Just to confirm it was load scaling to blame I then turned off load scaling - the boiler relay heat demand jumped to 100% and the boiler sprung into action.

So you might want to pass that one onto the developers to have a look at. On a TPI system which includes a boiler relay (and thus a minimum on-time setting) frost protection of a single zone can't generate enough boiler heat demand in load scaling mode to overcome the minimum on-time requirements.

I'm not sure what the best fix for that would be - you could reduce the scaling at low temperatures perhaps, but some people have a lot higher minimum on-time settings than my default one minute setting so increasing the demand somewhat would just move the problem up the scale a bit to those with higher minimum on-time settings...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 6th April 2020 at 05:51 PM.