Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Sorry Gordonb3 but the pre-wifi versions cannot be upgraded. Your gateway will still receive security updates as and when needed but the Evo was completly resigned when the wifi was added and there are only parts of the UI in common with the older versions now.
    Last edited by Andy the Minion; 1st April 2020 at 08:06 PM.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Dear All, The Load scaling feature can be found in the Installer section, system parameters and everybody with a boiler bound to an ON/OFF (BDR91) boiler relay will have it.
    I would recommend enabling the ‘full’ mode unless you have an extremely well insulated property.
    Load scaling is a self-learning algorithm and it will take a number of heat-up cycles (maybe a week but it depends on the system and usage) to get the hang of each room. It will then continue to refine itself in parallel with the existing adaptive fuzzy logic that is already in Evo controling the steady state temperatures.
    As a secondary result of learning the zone size (scale) we have seen an improvement in the temperature overshoots in both oversized radiators and very slow responding sensor locations.
    The feature was designed to improve the operating efficiency of ON/OFF boilers by running them for longer at low load and reducing the return temperatures. Unfortunately, if you have an OpenTherm boiler the feature won’t appear in the user inerface.
    We did consider applying it to modulating systems as even these can try to heat rooms up faster than is desirable, but there is also a real danger that scaling an already modulated heat demand will cause serious temperature undershoots. Proving this won’t ever happen in the field is quite a challenge, it has taken the best part of a year of testing to prove that ON/OFF load scaling works in real systems… but I bet there will be some weird systems out there where it never settles, which is why there is a friendly OFF button
    I don’t know if you have received the conformation email yet but there is a description of the new features in it?
    Regards
    AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Sr Member

I have opentherm,so that explains why I don't have it on the controller.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Sorry Gordonb3 but the pre-wifi versions cannot be upgraded. Your gareway will still receive security updates as and when needed but the Evo was completly resigned when the wifi was added and there are only parts of the UI in common with the older versions now.
    Shame. Especially because I purposely went for the non-wifi version on account that the wifi signal in my home is prone to distortion on the exact spot where the original central thermostat was and thus where I also placed the controller. The fact that the RFG100 is wired makes the system as a whole more reliable and as such I think it is a mistake to view non-wifi as old and obsolete.

Automated Home Legend

Is zone level optimisation coming back? Or is that still an All or Nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Is zone level optimisation coming back? Or is that still an All or Nothing?
    I'm afraid not, it was a casualty of the aim to get a simple UI. The arguement was that it would need to be clear which zones are optimised, which type of optimisation and which not optimised in the scheduling screens otherwise somebody that (probably didnt set the system up) would not always know what time to enter. We did ask some new users if this was needed and got more than a few blank faces so it ended up on the cutting room floor I'm afraid.

Automated Home Jr Member

All installed smoothly yesterday, with all the new features available.

However I had 2 zones that set themselves to 35c randomly a couple of times. Maybe just the system settling down again? Will keep observing and update. Has anyone else had this?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Just had the email. The signup asks for boiler and model but it doesn’t seem to know about the models sold by Intergas in the UK, so I had to fine something that looked kinda similar.

Automated Home Legend

Just had email too, my boiler is missing too. No Glow Worms as a manufacture on list (Major boiler here in the UK too) Mine is an older model but still no manufacture. (So I've just put it down as 'Brand' and wrote name and model in Serial no section)

Oh and at the end of the email, Software HW Priority? Did I read that correctly?!

Automated Home Legend

The form asks for the MAC address and not the IP address. Usually I have found with things like this it is the IP address that is required.

Apart from that it is absolutely great this is being done. Thank you.