Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankmalia View Post
    Just a quick question, do all of these new features work when I have DAY OFF mode active(or any of the other modes, Custom,eco,away), as most people will have DAY OFF active in present climate.
    Just wondering if DAY OFF mode icon disappears when boost kicks in on a zone or 2 symbols appear.
    Answering my own question, just noticed it was boosting while in day off mode, day off symbol changed to boost symbol

Automated Home Sr Member

Covid 19 is giving honeywell alot of Beta testers with F~~~ All to do, cause they stuck at home, they are all geeks ripping the arse out of EVOHOME. No chance of any bugs in general release then

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankmalia View Post
    Covid 19 is giving honeywell alot of Beta testers with F~~~ All to do, cause they stuck at home, they are all geeks ripping the arse out of EVOHOME. No chance of any bugs in general release then
    @frankmalia I was just thinking that yesterday, before going back to crying
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    @frankmalia I was just thinking that yesterday, before going back to crying
    A great and cheap way of testing it though! Philips have done this with their Hue app and lighting gear for some years. A beta version is released to the testers, comments suggestions, bugs all get fed back and they take them on board. A lesson for Honeywell/Resideo here for it don’t half generate good support.

Now I must go and bend the terminals in my HW sensor again so that there is power to talk to the Control Panel. They must not like each other as every so often they stop talking but often patch up their differences and talk again of their own volition. I wonder if this issue disappears in the next release? Anybody who has it to test noticed a difference yet?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Yes maybe, tbh it's a bad idea if it was. If you've got a zone that gets overridden, but to say 35oc then it would never meet the set point. Resulting in like what you saw, the HW then not reheating.

There really should be parameters in place like Vaillants controllers allowing you to set how long a HW reheat cycle can go on for before switching to both systems. A failed zone valve on the HW could result in no heating at all - due to the controller trying to heat the HW.
    Or a strap on cylinder thermostat falling off the side of the cylinder...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 7th April 2020 at 07:52 AM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Now I must go and bend the terminals in my HW sensor again so that there is power to talk to the Control Panel. They must not like each other as every so often they stop talking but often patch up their differences and talk again of their own volition. I wonder if this issue disappears in the next release? Anybody who has it to test noticed a difference yet?
    I'm also waiting to see whether this improves with the beta firmware. Some debugging I did several weeks ago with packet capture of the comms between the CS92A and Evotouch to my surprise suggested that it might be the Evotouch to blame for reporting comms loss, at least in some cases. (My independent monitoring device situated near the Evotouch continued to receive temperature updates from the CS92A at least once every hour during the period that Evotouch claimed there was lost comms)

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    A great and cheap way of testing it though! Philips have done this with their Hue app and lighting gear for some years. A beta version is released to the testers, comments suggestions, bugs all get fed back and they take them on board. A lesson for Honeywell/Resideo here for it don’t half generate good support.

@G4RHL I have never heard of connector problems, it is just a NTC sensor and there is no current draw across them. CS92 can be problematic because of the location of the tank and the amount of metalwork in the area, especially if the CS92 is mounted close to either of the two BDR91. The BDR91 is mains powered and doesn’t restrict its messages to the same routine transmit cycles the battery devices use so it is a bit easier to get messages clashes if there are in close proximity. It is completely safe to extend the cable to the DHW sensor if that helps find a better signal?
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    @AlexP and @roydonaldson.
    I have had a conversation with the Elves and this is a known bug.
    It looks worse than it actually is, the rooms will not overheat because it is reporting 35°C the target temperature is still the real setpoint.
    Regards
    AtM
    I've had this happen to me on only one of my zones this morning during the optimal start period. (Kitchen showing 30C)

I'd like to point out though that this is not just a display error on the controller as you're suggesting here - I checked the HR92 and it was also showing a set point of 30C at the time, a few minutes before the end of optimal start, and a 100% heat demand despite the room temperature being 19.5C for what should be a 20C set point. (Normally heat demand would be a lot less for a 0.5C error)

So the set point of the HR92 is definitely going temporarily to the zone configured maximum during the optimal start period. As soon as the optimal start period was over the set point did go back to 20C, however the zone overshot a lot due to the HR92 going flat out set to 30C right until the end of the optimal start period instead of throttling back as it approaches the set point. That zone is prone to overshoots anyway but it overshot more than normal because of this temporary 30C set point.

Automated Home Legend

Another thing I'm interested to see is whether the beta firmware fixes the issue where the controller lets the batterries run down and/or does not charge them completely when it is always left on the stand like mine is. This issue has been there since day one for me, (late 2015) and a few others have reported it too.

I actually replaced the rechargeable batteries in my controller about 6 weeks ago as they were over 4 years old and didn't seem to be holding a charge very well - at the time I used the "power on initially with batteries removed" trick to force the controller to charge them properly. (or so I thought)

Yesterday while trying to use the controller off it's stand for testing purposes I only got about 20 minutes of use before the red low battery warning appeared forcing me to put it back on the stand, (it should last at least 3 hours) so clearly the controller had let the batteries go flat again over the last 6 weeks or had never charged them properly in the first place.

I put it back on the stand now running the beta firmware and this time it charged the batteries for a full 9 hours! The replacement cells are a bit bigger in capacity than the originals but that is still far longer than I have ever seen it charge before. I was actually beginning to wonder if would ever stop.... So I wonder if the charging algorithm has been tweaked.

It seems kind of silly to have battery backup that should last for many hours that when the time of need comes runs out in 20 minutes because it has failed to keep the batteries charged properly.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 7th April 2020 at 08:17 AM.

Automated Home Legend

If Resideo is using us lot as Testers, then couldn't it just provide us with a change log and we'll get on with systematically doing our jobs. Rather than this Easter hunt. We've already stumbled on a few unpublished changes and have no way to telling if these are bugs or features