Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    The problem with the outdoor sensor is it was grossly over priced. When I first looked in 2015 (before I discovered it wouldn't work with the WiFi model of controller I was buying) I seem to recall it was around 130...
    Yes the production cost was terrible, we literally sold a handful (we didnt make that much on it though!) and then the rf chip went end of life.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

Any luck with getting hold of that Change Log.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frankmalia View Post
    Andy

OK, been tracking this since early morning to late evening. Liams Room and Madisons room has been boosting when differential is less than 10'C and down to 4-5'C differential, I have not touched the rooms and has not fixed itself. Please can you have a look. The other 3 zones are behaving correctly.
    Will do Frank, I cant find you on the diagnostoc portal at the moment I will have to go dig.
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    It also depends on when the boost is applied. If it's only applied at a Setpoint change and the outside temperature at that time, then it's fairly useless.
    I'm pretty sure it needs a setpoint change to kick in. I have a bedroom that is currently set at 15C all day over several intervals. The room temp has been constantly above this (currently 19.9) and the controller still shows this as normal schedule following. The room temp has been at least 20C for the last 24 hours.

Another room is set at 16C most of the day but has a short boost in the morning to 20. The boost period should be active (now 8am), the current room temp is 19.5, the controller is showing the room is off with a setpoint of 5C. I think at the setpoint change at the beginning of the boost (7am) the room temp may have been 20C. The room setpoint has been 5C since 1pm yesterday.

The outside temp is currently 7C.
    Beta installed late morning day before yesterday.
    I currently have other zones in CW boost.
    All zones configured for WW.
    Neither room described has CW configured.
    Both HR92 for temp sensor.

Two questions?
    1. Why didn't WW kick in for the first room?
    2. What would have happened if the temperature in the second room had fallen more quickly after 7am? I suspect nothing is going to happen.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    I will get this checked, it dosnt sound right. Can I have a MAC on PM please and we can look at the data if needed.
    Hi Andy, have sent you a PM Many thanks, Steve

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Contrary to my update several days ago where I saw lots of zones showing as Off which was due to the Warm Weather Saver, today I don't see any zones showing Off. I am running a "normal" schedule and many zones are over their set point, a couple are asking for heat when only a 0.5c variation from setpoint, one is optimising. So all in all working as it has always done so I am almost back to having to invoke Eco mode as the house is overly hot Evohome reported o/s temp is 16c so would expect it to have kicked in. Weird, maybe its because I have disabled cold weather boost lol
    Mine is acting the same, I also have disabled the cold weather boost. Mines showing on outside temp of 17oc. Most zones over their set point, only one zone in WW saver which it has been since this morning. No other zones in WW mode.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by petep View Post
    I'm pretty sure it needs a setpoint change to kick in. I have a bedroom that is currently set at 15C all day over several intervals. The room temp has been constantly above this (currently 19.9) and the controller still shows this as normal schedule following. The room temp has been at least 20C for the last 24 hours.

Another room is set at 16C most of the day but has a short boost in the morning to 20. The boost period should be active (now 8am), the current room temp is 19.5, the controller is showing the room is off with a setpoint of 5C. I think at the setpoint change at the beginning of the boost (7am) the room temp may have been 20C. The room setpoint has been 5C since 1pm yesterday.

The outside temp is currently 7C.
    Beta installed late morning day before yesterday.
    I currently have other zones in CW boost.
    All zones configured for WW.
    Neither room described has CW configured.
    Both HR92 for temp sensor.

Two questions?
    1. Why didn't WW kick in for the first room?
    2. What would have happened if the temperature in the second room had fallen more quickly after 7am? I suspect nothing is going to happen.
    All zones now OFF except that first one with the constant 15C setpoint. Current temp from HR92 is 21.4C

Definitely not expected behaviour.

Automated Home Guru

This morning again an interesting mix of zone behaviour with the new features - really difficult to fathom out if correct or not ??
    IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg

Something else I spotted yesterday in the installer menu zone config>select zone>parameters>Rate of Rise - have I missed this or is it new and if so is it related to advanced load scaling? Is an adjustable value but random selection of zones all show the same 3C value
    IMG_0555 - Copy3.jpg
    anyone know how to delete the thumbnail?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SteveP; 9th April 2020 at 09:12 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

This morning again an interesting mix of zone behaviour with the new features - really difficult to fathom out if correct or not ??
    IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    SteveP, Since it was hot yesterday, I still have one room that is shut down from last night, due to it not not dropping below the actual SP by 1'C( I think it needs to be this). That room is holding heat still so not dropped below SP so still in hot weather shutdown.. So have a look at your setpoints for the photos you taken. If room temps are 1'C below SP then I do not think the shutdown resets. 1.5'C I believe it resets..

Question about your office... I see the loop symbol which is a permanent overrule of 5'C SP, did you make this permanent overrule, or was that a manual override, because I had a random permanent overrule appear instead of the a manual override I performed.

Automated Home Legend

Something else I spotted yesterday in the installer menu zone config>select zone>parameters>Rate of Rise - have I missed this or is it new and if so is it related to advanced load scaling? Is an adjustable value but random selection of zones all show the same 3C value
    IMG_0555 - Copy3.jpg
    Well spotted, yes this is new.

As the value is named "Load scaling rate of rise" when you go into it then I'd say yes it's related to load scaling

Mine are all set to 3.0C as well and the range is 0.5C to 6C. This setting will be related to how many degrees C per hour the radiators in a zone can raise the temperature going at full tilt.

When I analysed the optimal start function years ago I came to the conclusion that the controller started off with an assumption of 3C / hour rate of rise for all zones before gradually adapting to the true rate of rise of each zone, (to get the room to hit the target at the right time) with a maximal adaption range of approximately 1-6C / hour. So it's interesting to see a default of 3C here and a similar range of adjustment.

Perhaps Andy can clarify what adjusting this zone setting would do - load scaling is said to be adaptive to the characteristics of each zone (after a week or two of monitoring the zone characteristics to learn) so I'm not sure how a manual adjustment fits in here, and whether altering this value would override any automatic adaption, as there isn't an "auto" setting to return it to after you've manually made a change.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 9th April 2020 at 10:08 AM.