Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petep View Post
    Same today.
    9pm
    Outside temp 20C
    All rooms but one off at 5C except one.
    Rooms were either at 5C overnight or switched to 5C about noon.

Current room temp 22.9C, setpoint 15C
    This room has never switched to 5C

@andy_the_minion why is this zone not being set off?
    Pete
    I will have a look tomorrow but I need to be in the bat cave
    AtM

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    I noticed this as my weather station was showing 10.5C and yet the evohome temp was showing 3C !! luckily (or more because I was aware of this from my experience last week) I had not set the Cold Weather Boost on and I was glad otherwise the house would have been in melt down. Do agree that unless we can get more reliable data for the outside temp then this feature will only be useful in the depths of winter
    Laggy outdoor temperature strikes again tonight.

For the last few days I've been using cold weather boost to boost the living room and dining room 0.5C with low outside temperatures and it has been working quite nicely actually, boosting the temperature slightly just at the right time as the night starts to set in and reducing it slightly during the day to avoid the rooms getting too hot with direct sunlight.

However tonight we noticed the living room feels a bit cold and on checking the cold weather boost hasn't kicked in, even as of 9:30pm.

Actual outdoor temperature according to my weather station is 8.3C, Weather Pro (Meteogroup) on my iPhone reports 7C, the iPhone's built in weather app reports 8C, weather.com reports 8C, even the weather report in the Honeywell TCC app reports 8C, however the reported outdoor temperature on the Evotouch still says 12C, which is too high for cold weather boost to kick in.

According to my temperature graphs the temperature dropped below 12C about 5 hours ago, so the reading on the Evotouch is either stuck or about 5 hours behind. Is there any particular reason why the outdoor temperature is lagging so much today ? It's a shame because the cold weather boost function is actually useful, but only if the outdoor temperature reading doesn't lag too far behind actual conditions.

I wonder if the controller polls directly from the weather service or pulls the data indirectly via Honeywell servers ? My guess is the latter.

Edit: naturally, as I wrote this post the outdoor reading on the Evotouch dropped to 10C and cold weather boost kicked in. However it is still 2 degrees out from actual and 3 degrees out from all the other weather services I checked against. If it's lag, it's still lagging by about 3 hours even after updating.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 9th April 2020 at 09:48 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Laggy outdoor temperature strikes again tonight.
    Mine was way out yesterday morning - Evohome reported 8oc, my weather station 15oc (Station is pretty reliable too). These new features are good however they are really limited when the EvoHome panel temperature isn't reporting the correct weather conditions - I found when I had Cold Weather boost enabled it was boosting when not required resulting in overly warm rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Pete
    I will have a look tomorrow but I need to be in the bat cave
    AtM
    @Petep, Is Bed 3 in permanent override? As this is a user change we generally read ‘permanent’ to mean permanent and try not to override or cancel it with other functions? I see the room has not changed setpoint or called for any heat since our reconds start on the 7th when you gave us permission to monitor the system. Please let me know if this is not true and I will look again.
    Regards AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Sr Member

@Petep, Is Bed 3 in permanent override? As this is a user change we generally read ‘permanent’ to mean permanent and try not to override or cancel it with other functions? I see the room has not changed setpoint or called for any heat since our reconds start on the 7th when you gave us permission to monitor the system. Please let me know if this is not true and I will look again.
    Regards AtM
    It's not in an override state. It's running on a schedule. The schedule has 4 intervals all currently set to the same temperature. So there are scheduled changes that effectively do nothing other than cancel temporary overrides.

Bed 4 is similar except it has a short warming period in the morning and then 3 more periods at the same temperature. It has been forced off by WW since yesterday some time so it didn't heat this a.m.

Andy,

I think the setting of the zone setpoint to 5C when the zone gets turned off is going to confuse a lot of people.

When you check the schedule it appears at first as if the setpoint is part of the schedule but if you try to edit it the 5C is not there.

It needs some thing a little more explicit to tell the user what's going on.

Obviously the app is currently behind the FW but that and presumably the website will need updating.

Please can we have a changelist.
    @petep Sorry I’m in backlog Yes correct we intend to have the WWS icon displayed in the temperature bar, the OFF icon will be replaced with the WWS icon. The edit screen will still show the 5°C to re-enforce to casual users that the zone is not heating. From experience a lowered setpoint or the actual setpoint and no demand is not at all understood so we tried to create a more ON/OFF appearance.
    Regards
    AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

It's not in an override state. It's running on a schedule. The schedule has 4 intervals all currently set to the same temperature. So there are scheduled changes that effectively do nothing other than cancel temporary overrides.

Bed 4 is similar except it has a short warming period in the morning and then 3 more periods at the same temperature. It has been forced off by WW since yesterday some time so it didn't heat this a.m.
    Okay, thank you I will get that test condition looked at

Okay, thank you I will get that test condition looked at
    @petep Doh! A schoolboy error on my part. The CWB operates as the ECO function, it is not applied to set temperatures below 16°C (16°C isnt generally a comfortable temperature) and we dont want to push heat into 'unheated' zones)
    Regards AtM

Automated Home Sr Member

@petep Doh! A schoolboy error on my part. The CWB operates as the ECO function, it is not applied to set temperatures below 16°C (16°C isnt generally a comfortable temperature) and we dont want to push heat into 'unheated' zones)
    Regards AtM
    I'm not expecting a CWB action for Bed 3. I was expecting WWS to set the offset to 5C like every other zone, including Bed 4 which had a setpoint of 16 at the time it got shut down.

I'm not expecting a CWB action for Bed 3. I was expecting WWS to set the offset to 5C like every other zone, including Bed 4 which had a setpoint of 16 at the time it got shut down.
    @Petep I think Bed 3 has a 15C sp, I cant see what the Bed 4 schedule is, could you check. If it is 16C then it is that is correct operation. If not I'm very interested.
    Regards AtM