• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Sorry about that, I will see if putting the slides into a pdf is any better. They will still have to be images because the excel graphs have real data behind them. I presume I can send an attachment in a PM?
    Not sure it'll let you attach on a PM. If you want I can PM you my email to send it direct if that's easier.

Comment

• SteveP
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
      Not sure it'll let you attach on a PM. If you want I can PM you my email to send it direct if that's easier.
      same problem for me I couldn't quite work out the details in the images so is it possible to share the pdf with everyone?

Comment

• Andy the Minion
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
        Andy, I have a house with 2 zone valves, ie. I have a larger house with it setup as upstairs and downstairs controlled by these zone valves. Having something such as Load Scaling would be beneficial in my house. Can this be enabled in this setup ? Surely this would be something that could be even more beneficial in larger homes that would probably be setup with 2 zone valves controlling them ?

Thanks, Roy.
        Load scaling has the most positive effect where there is a big difference between the boiler size and radiator size eg a 30kW boiler, a 1kW design load radiator that is working at 20% capacity because its +10°C not -10°C outside (this is a 150:1 turndown ratio) To be honest most systems are working like this for most of the time.
        In your situation the central heating load is split in half (2:1) and then assume the same 5:1 turndown because of outside temperature, you will be at a 10:1 turndown ratio. Load scaling will definitely still help as the boiler modulation may only give a 5:1 turndown ratio.
        Load scaling will be available for you if you have a BDR91 relay running the boiler rather than firing the boiler from the orange wire on the zone valves.
        Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
          Optimisation hasn't gone.

It's global though, like in the last release. A while back it was switch off and onable at zone level, but a previous update nuked that.

I believe that's the only time that an update has removed functionality from Evohome.
          That and the ability to bind your own external temperature sensor. However, that was never possible on the WiFi version. I do think the arguments to remove it at the Zone level are poor. But may be Load scaling is the new Optimisation except that it isnt available on OT, which I think again is a real shame.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

A variable Economy quick action set back, please. It's such an under utilized feature because of the fairly useless fixed 3C. Hometronic used to allow it be changed.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
              A variable Economy quick action set back, please. It's such an under utilized feature because of the fairly useless fixed 3C.
              THIS!!!!! A hundred times this!

I had to build a Raspberry Pi based kludge to get round the silly fixed Eco knockback temp.

Surely it should be easy to add a parameter in the quick actions setup screen?

Comment

• gordonb3
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                The form asks for the MAC address and not the IP address. Usually I have found with things like this it is the IP address that is required.

Apart from that it is absolutely great this is being done. Thank you.
                The IP address wouldn't be of any use because the evohome system will typically be hidden behind a masquerading router. In fact, there might even be multiple evohome systems behind one such router. The MAC address is likely part of the authentication mechanism that the controller sends when it connects to the web server and allows for unique identification.

Comment

• Mickjohn
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Mar 2015

Also ip address can change MAC address wont

Comment

• frankmalia
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Apr 2019

My software has changed. Great.

Looking forward to seeing if over shoots can be settled down, might save me having to change a couple of older valves out.

Warm weather shutdown would be good, safe me using IFTTT, if you have Geo Fencing and warm weather applet running you can get conflicts.

Cold weather boost will be good as my living room seat is in a massive bay window.

Thanks

Frank

Comment

• SteveP
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2012

Updated software and the new facilities look great - hopefully sort out the juggling of temperatures in the spring season where I have to keep invoking economy to prevent overheating, and also for those really cold times when I have to up the boiler temp Many thanks to the Resideo team and welcome to AndyTheMinion (love the name great to be able to smile in these dark days )

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by BuxtonJim View Post
                        Thanks Andy, update received. Cold weather boost, warm weather saver and load scaling all installed with default values (where offered) accepted and applied across all zones.
                        My boiler model wasn't showing on the drop down list so I entered it as Bosch, a WB Greenstar 38Cdi.
                        Just as a side note, while I would have loved zone-level optimisation the global feature has been very effective in my set up thus far.
                        Dear All, I didn’t think to mention it before, and it may already be understood. The 'global optimisation’ doesn’t mean a global calculation. The system learns the heatup and cool down rates for each zone individually so they all adapt according to the rooms performance.
                        Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Nov 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                          I have answered my own question and will go back to sleep whilst I await word from Resideo. Interesting that the MAC address is titled “Thermostat MAC address” but then in many ways that is what the control panel is!
                          G4RHL, I sent you a PM could you reply please and we will update your unit. Ta AtM

Comment

• DBMandrake
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                            A variable Economy quick action set back, please. It's such an under utilized feature because of the fairly useless fixed 3C. Hometronic used to allow it be changed.
                            Yes please!

-3C is too much and very inflexible. Instead of an "Eco" mode with a fixed setting that nobody likes, a mode where you can set a custom house wide differential override would be great. Call it "offset" or similar with an adjustable offset of say -5C to +5C in 0.5C steps.

Many times I would just like to turn up all zones by +1C or turn them down by -1C and have them still follow their schedules, but just with the offset applied...

I've just signed up to the Beta, hopefully I get accepted...

Comment

• frankmalia
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Apr 2019

Cold boost working I think, see pics. got mine set to 0.5'C boost and it has change schedule setpoint up by 0.5C and placed the boost symbol on screen. Rooms selected for boost did not boost if SP was below 16C and less than -10C from SP, So goooood. Its a great start.. I am sure we will all ask for the -10C to be variable, and variable by room Not all rooms have same insulation values

Have seen a issue since software update.

Madisons Room was manually changed on TRV to 18.5C but instead of clock override symbol I got the permanent loop symbol, see picture, so would of stayed permanent at 18.5C', had to cancel from touch panel.

Coldboost.jpg

Comment

• DBMandrake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
                                Dear All, The Load scaling feature can be found in the Installer section, system parameters and everybody with a boiler bound to an ON/OFF (BDR91) boiler relay will have it.
                                I would recommend enabling the ‘full’ mode unless you have an extremely well insulated property.
                                Load scaling is a self-learning algorithm and it will take a number of heat-up cycles (maybe a week but it depends on the system and usage) to get the hang of each room. It will then continue to refine itself in parallel with the existing adaptive fuzzy logic that is already in Evo controling the steady state temperatures.
                                As a secondary result of learning the zone size (scale) we have seen an improvement in the temperature overshoots in both oversized radiators and very slow responding sensor locations.
                                The feature was designed to improve the operating efficiency of ON/OFF boilers by running them for longer at low load and reducing the return temperatures.
                                This sounds very interesting and I'm keen to try this feature out. I think I have an idea how it might work so it will be interesting to see if I'm right...

Comment

Working...
                                X