Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Legend

Also the email -

The images are of relatively poor quality and i'm struggling to see the graphs etc. Is it possible to get them sent out in a slightly better quality? (I'm guessing you don't want them on the forum due to competitors etc) Even making them larger on the computer doesn't help!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    The form asks for the MAC address and not the IP address. Usually I have found with things like this it is the IP address that is required.

Apart from that it is absolutely great this is being done. Thank you.
    I have answered my own question and will go back to sleep whilst I await word from Resideo. Interesting that the MAC address is titled “Thermostat MAC address” but then in many ways that is what the control panel is!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Is zone level optimisation coming back? Or is that still an All or Nothing?
    If optimisation has gone I won’t miss it! As I have oft reported in the past, I have tried it several times over the last 5.5 years but in my case it seemed to do nothing that the basic schedule setting was doing.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    If optimisation has gone I won’t miss it! As I have oft reported in the past, I have tried it several times over the last 5.5 years but in my case it seemed to do nothing that the basic schedule setting was doing.
    I have Optimisation turned on and it works great. I suspect how well insulated your house is may have something to do with it, however mine works flawlessly to be fair.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Optimisation hasn't gone.

It's global though, like in the last release. A while back it was switch off and onable at zone level, but a previous update nuked that.

I believe that's the only time that an update has removed functionality from Evohome.

Automated Home Legend

Update arrived here.

Turned Cold Weather Boost On
    Turned Warm Weather shut down on.
    Adaptive Load Scaling - set to Partial.

No sign of HW priority setting though, even though I have two 2 port valves and HW, CH and Boiler BDR91 relays for each.

Automated Home Sr Member

Would adaptive load scaling work better than opentherm,I still have a bdr 91,could try it but if there's little or nothing to be gained,then there's no point obviously.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    Dear All, The Load scaling feature can be found in the Installer section, system parameters and everybody with a boiler bound to an ON/OFF (BDR91) boiler relay will have it.
    I would recommend enabling the ‘full’ mode unless you have an extremely well insulated property.
    Load scaling is a self-learning algorithm and it will take a number of heat-up cycles (maybe a week but it depends on the system and usage) to get the hang of each room. It will then continue to refine itself in parallel with the existing adaptive fuzzy logic that is already in Evo controling the steady state temperatures.
    AtM
    Andy, I have a house with 2 zone valves, ie. I have a larger house with it setup as upstairs and downstairs controlled by these zone valves. Having something such as Load Scaling would be beneficial in my house. Can this be enabled in this setup ? Surely this would be something that could be even more beneficial in larger homes that would probably be setup with 2 zone valves controlling them ?

Thanks, Roy.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks Andy, update received. Cold weather boost, warm weather saver and load scaling all installed with default values (where offered) accepted and applied across all zones.
    My boiler model wasn't showing on the drop down list so I entered it as Bosch, a WB Greenstar 38Cdi.
    Just as a side note, while I would have loved zone-level optimisation the global feature has been very effective in my set up thus far.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Also the email -

The images are of relatively poor quality and i'm struggling to see the graphs etc. Is it possible to get them sent out in a slightly better quality? (I'm guessing you don't want them on the forum due to competitors etc) Even making them larger on the computer doesn't help!
    Sorry about that, I will see if putting the slides into a pdf is any better. They will still have to be images because the excel graphs have real data behind them. I presume I can send an attachment in a PM?
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses