• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazzy89
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2020

Originally posted by mazzy89 View Post
    Unfortunately there is nothing there and I'm running 19.33
    Should I maybe reset everything? Please do not tell me so, right yesterday I had to reconfigure everything.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Should I maybe reset everything? Please do not tell me so, right yesterday I had to reconfigure everything.
      Are you sure the device is connected to WiFi/Internet properly, and showing the Internet icon at the top left ?

If not, the smart features disappear from the settings menus.

Comment

• mazzy89
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2020

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        Are you sure the device is connected to WiFi/Internet properly, and showing the Internet icon at the top left ?

If not, the smart features disappear from the settings menus.
        Yes it is connected properly. The icon is on the top left and I can get access to it via my app.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Post a picture of your Settings screen

Comment

• Andy the Minion
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2017

Mazzy, Do you have an outside temp in the top left next to the connected icon? AtM
            Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• mazzy89
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
              Mazzy, Do you have an outside temp in the top left next to the connected icon? AtM

17cb277c-5b47-42cd-9889-2b06066ee225.jpg

9901b20f-30da-43a5-9746-fb09ddafcd88.jpg

fe148654-82c3-4d81-8659-28b26aee6b8c.jpg

This is my current situation and according all the comments around seems very weird

Comment

• Fmb
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2020

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1682[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1683[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1684[/ATTACH]

This is my current situation and according all the comments around seems very weird
                There is no outside temperature reported/shown. Should be shown in the top left part on your second photo, directly at the right from the connected two circles symbol and above “quick actions”

Comment

• lloyd
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Oct 2020

Check you have defined your location (address) correctly on the honeywell total connect site - without that it can't produce the weather info.

Comment

• Fmb
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2020

Hi all,

Just enrolled here. Living in the Netherlands and thanks to this forum I got aware of the possibility to get a beta firmware installed with improved Heatpump control.

Since two weeks I am the owner of an hybrid heatpump (Remeha Elga Ace 6kW) and my search for improved “co-operation” between Evohome and a heatpump brought me here.

At the moment I have one question;
                    The new firmware has the option to add a heatpump, but it won’t allow to connect my BDR91 relais for it. From a (new?) manual of Evohome that I found, I understood I need a BDR91T relais. Seems to make sense, since I would expect that a Heatpump relais should at least have two contacts; one to heat and one to cool.

However I also found this website, from which I understand that from a specific production date on the BDR91 is the same as the BDR91T. Since my BDR91 relais is newer (date code end of 2019), I would expect that it is the same/similar to the BDR91T.

Anyone knows what’s the issue here?
                    Will there be a new BDR91T relais, or is this an issue for the beta firmware?

Edited: I just found this post as well. This tells there is (or will be) a new relais. Curious when it will be better available.
                    Last edited by Fmb; 24 November 2020, 08:58 PM. Reason: Found another post

Comment

• mazzy89
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2020

Originally posted by lloyd View Post
                      Check you have defined your location (address) correctly on the honeywell total connect site - without that it can't produce the weather info.
                      You are a genius. The issue was right that one. The city name was in the local language and it could not be found. Once I put it in plain English now it works

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Fmb View Post
                        Hi all,

Just enrolled here. Living in the Netherlands and thanks to this forum I got aware of the possibility to get a beta firmware installed with improved Heatpump control.

Since two weeks I am the owner of an hybrid heatpump (Remeha Elga Ace 6kW) and my search for improved “co-operation” between Evohome and a heatpump brought me here.

At the moment I have one question;
                        The new firmware has the option to add a heatpump, but it won’t allow to connect my BDR91 relais for it. From a (new?) manual of Evohome that I found, I understood I need a BDR91T relais. Seems to make sense, since I would expect that a Heatpump relais should at least have two contacts; one to heat and one to cool.

However I also found this website, from which I understand that from a specific production date on the BDR91 is the same as the BDR91T. Since my BDR91 relais is newer (date code end of 2019), I would expect that it is the same/similar to the BDR91T.

Anyone knows what’s the issue here?
                        Will there be a new BDR91T relais, or is this an issue for the beta firmware?

Edited: I just found this post as well. This tells there is (or will be) a new relais. Curious when it will be better available.
                        The BDR91T is available in the Netherlands but only since the new heatpump firmware was released. I would recommend having a conversation with NL tech support as I can't predict how a hybrid heatpump will be controlled internally. It could be Remeha have built a lot of internal logic into the appliance and maybe a simple opentherm connection from Evo is the best option
                        Regards AtM
                        Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Comment

• Fmb
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2020

Originally posted by Andy the Minion View Post
                          The BDR91T is available in the Netherlands but only since the new heatpump firmware was released. I would recommend having a conversation with NL tech support as I can't predict how a hybrid heatpump will be controlled internally. It could be Remeha have built a lot of internal logic into the appliance and maybe a simple opentherm connection from Evo is the best option
                          Regards AtM
                          My installer advised to keep the on/off control, and he contacted Remeha for this.
                          Just to be sure I just contacted Remeha myself (by email).

Comment

• Andy the Minion
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Fmb View Post
                            My installer advised to keep the on/off control, and he contacted Remeha for this.
                            Just to be sure I just contacted Remeha myself (by email).
                            Fmb, I was suggesting contacting the Resideo tech support rather than Remeha (no harm in that of course) but Remeha probably won't have much idea what the new Evo features are
                            Regards AtM

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

While you're there Andy, any idea when 19.33 is going to go into general release and the Beta testing period will be over ?

We've been beta testing these two beta versions since April now, I think 19.33 is well tested by now...

One reason I ask is that many new Evohome's seem to have been sold with 19.31 pre-installed also quite a few people who were not on the beta program received 19.31 without asking for it and unfortunately 19.31 is very buggy... I'm sure those that have found this forum for help are a small percentage of those who are running 19.31 without realising, so it seems prudent for the much more stable and reliable 19.33 to go out now especially now that winter is here.

Comment

• Pbrain
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Feb 2016

Hello all, first post on this forum. Signed up for beta a few days ago, and now running 19.33

Question: Is there any documentation available to explain the new features? I have read through the majority of this thread...and have not been able to locate any official documentation. I did not receive an email with any info after I signed up.

Thanks for your help.
                                P

Comment

Working...
                                X