Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3434849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial - Exclusive for Automated Home Members

Automated Home Sr Member

Hmm, my EvoTouch seems to now be reporting a 13C outside temperature all the time, just now and every time I checked yesterday. Itís 5C outside.

Automated Home Lurker

Just to update you all on the UFH not demanding heat in conjuction with OpenTherm, it has been temporarily been fixed by choosing the zone type as 'Radiator Valve' and binding the HCC80R to that. It now works well in the meantime, with or without the optimisation features on.

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

DB The system does operate below 10% but not as you describe. A sub 1min firing cycle is generally very inefficient so the cycle rate is altered instead
    AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Sr Member Andy the Minion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssb_tv View Post
    Even if I override the temperature to something ridiculous like 30C, the controller still reports no heat demand from that zone, thus no demand to the controller. I've tried overriding all the UFH zones and the only one that still wants to demand heat is the Hallway, using the evotuch sensor.

Since the thermostats are bound to the evotouch, then the evotouch is bound to the HCC80R, the HCC80R seems to recognise the demand, there must be something not working correctly in software on the evotouch. I've tried disabling all the warm weather saving and optimisation features, but still to no avail.

Anyone else had issues with opentherm boiler demand in conjuction with UFH? Heating season is coming up so I may revert back to standard firmware if a reset doesn't fix it, as I imagine the final release is still a while off.

On a side note, is there any news on the app side of things? Or will that be released along with the final stable firmware?
    ssb_tv
    The HCE80 only reports the almagamated heat demand on its first zone so the Evo system overview has to show it there but it will be responding correctly Evo gives the heat the HCE asks for and the HCE gives it to the zone that requested it
    Regards AtM
    Resideo employee. Comments are personal, and likely to get a hard stare from Rameses

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    DB The system does operate below 10% but not as you describe. A sub 1min firing cycle is generally very inefficient so the cycle rate is altered instead
    AtM
    Even with OT? Because that is where OT scores over a normal ON/OFF control.

Automated Home Guru

I've seen a strange new behaviour on my EvoHome. When I open the front door, the hallway sensor detects the drop in temperature and so sets that zone to 5C. Which I believe is correct and has worked before. However, now on the EvoHome this looks like it's now been set as a permanent 5C and so last night I noticed about 4 hours later that the zone was still set to 5C and had not restored itself ?

Automated Home Legend

That sounds like the Open Window setting getting stuck as a Permanent Override.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Minion View Post
    AtM
    Hi Andy,

Isn't that exactly what I suggested though ? That heat demands of less than 10% still fire the boiler but for a minimum of 1 minute ? (10% duty cycle for the default 6 cycles per hour)

In older pre-beta versions of the firmware a heat demand of less than 10% would trigger the heating relay (for sub minute lengths of time) but not the boiler relay at all. Has this changed in the current beta versions ?

Can you describe how heat demands below 10% are handled in the latest firmware on a three relay system with boiler relay ?
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 28th September 2020 at 10:35 AM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    I've seen a strange new behaviour on my EvoHome. When I open the front door, the hallway sensor detects the drop in temperature and so sets that zone to 5C. Which I believe is correct and has worked before. However, now on the EvoHome this looks like it's now been set as a permanent 5C and so last night I noticed about 4 hours later that the zone was still set to 5C and had not restored itself ?
    Doesn't sound right. Open Window mode still seems to work correctly here on the latest Beta. I've triggered it inadvertently a few times lately (with doors rather than windows) and haven't noticed any problems.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    That sounds like the Open Window setting getting stuck as a Permanent Override.
    Thanks. Yes, that does look like exactly what I'm experiencing.