Thread: HR92/T87RF2033 "No Sync" Issue

Automated Home Sr Member

Default HR92/T87RF2033 "No Sync" Issue

Morning all,

I've cracked the heating back on this morning, and the HR92 in my office is displaying "no sync". This room has a T87RF2033 controlling the temp and a HR92 on the rad.

I've taken the HR92 into the room where the controller is and tried to force a sync, but its not done anything. The T87RF2033 has the wireless symbol permanently displayed. Is this saying the sync issue is with the T87RF2033 rather than the HR92?

Nothing has changed in the system set up in the last couple of weeks from when the heating was turned off, and there haven't been any furniture movements etc that could have caused an obstruction. Apologies, I know there have been topics on sync issues previously, but I couldn't find on with this combination of controllers.

Am I going to have to delete and rebind the devices?

Update: Now it is displaying a comms fault...

Update 2: I've cleared all the bindings and rebound the components, which has fixed the issue. Would still be interested on hearing peoples thoughts in case it crops up again.

Cheers,

Ian
    Last edited by kimber.kimber; 8th June 2020 at 11:27 AM.

Automated Home Legend

I have just installed two Y87RF stats. Fed up with two rooms not being right, mainly due to the HR92 being next to the radiator. I know, many here will say I should have done that long ago! It is so long since I configured anything I had to relearn, go into the Control Panel, change the sensor to the Panel then back again to a remote one in order to pair the Y87RFs and remove the HR92 as the reference point. My wife does not like these things stuck on the wall. It’s a battle. If she wants warmth and comfort then stats need to be in a sensible location!

Automated Home Sr Member

We're the same. The house is an Edwardian(ish) property, so big rooms, with high ceilings and stonking hot cast iron rads. We've put stats in all the rooms we use the most to get a more even temp. At least the round ones aren't too obtrusive.

I do have a large stock of BDR91's now though!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kimber.kimber View Post
    We're the same. The house is an Edwardian(ish) property, so big rooms, with high ceilings and stonking hot cast iron rads. We've put stats in all the rooms we use the most to get a more even temp. At least the round ones aren't too obtrusive.

I do have a large stock of BDR91's now though!
    FYI,

The YT87RF and DTS92E are both available with or without a bundled BDR91, so you don't need to build up a large supply of unwanted BDR91's....

The cost saving of the thermostat only packs isn't much though and the difference is quite a bit less than the cost of a stand alone BDR91.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 10th June 2020 at 06:26 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    FYI,

The YT87RF and DTS92E are both available with or without a bundled BDR91, so you don't need to build up a large supply of unwanted BDR91's....

The cost saving of the thermostat only packs isn't much though and the difference is quite a bit less than the cost of a stand alone BDR91.
    Hi, yes I did know. To be honest, I just keep an eye on eBay, and buy either or when they come up for a decent price. I don’t think I’ve paid over £50 for a unit yet, and with the BDRs that I can sell on, it’ll probably work out quite well.