Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: EvoHome Beta 02.00.19.31 - HW Priority Setting

Automated Home Legend

Default EvoHome Beta 02.00.19.31 - HW Priority Setting

In the welcome beta email it briefly mentions about HW Priority dependent on your system set up but doesn't really expand on this

'And finally…. Stored hot water priority and a hot water heating state if you use a Sundial central heating valve.'

Could someone expand on this? As I believe i've got the correct set up (Zone valves, Boiler Relay etc) for this to work however it doesn't appear to be an option on my panel running the beta firmware.

Automated Home Legend

Wasn't that a coming later feature, rather than a current beta one.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Wasn't that a coming later feature, rather than a current beta one.
    No it's included in the email as a new feature....I suspect you need certain hardware for it to show, but I figured I had the right hardware to do it.

Automated Home Legend

So after some observation -

It appears HW priority is just enabled - with no way to turn this on or off as you require. Can someone from Resideo confirm this?

However think i've found a bug - i've got HW heating (And shown as heating on the new icon). All zones are at set point. When I override a zone to request for heat the HW switches off on the BDR91 (HW not to temp and new icon still showing as heating) and switches the heating BDR91 on - HW BDR91 goes off. So hot water not to temp and zone calling for heat seems to be overriding HW priority.

Addition - Canceling zone override reverts back to HW.

Must add too whilst HW wasn't fully to Temp (49oc, set point 55oc) it was within it's 7oc differential. Don't know whether this makes a difference...?

Further info - changed HW temp to 65oc with a 5oc differential. When HW is at 54oc it doesn't call for heat when a zone is heating even though HW not at set point.
    Last edited by mtmcgavock; 2nd April 2020 at 03:11 PM. Reason: More info.

Automated Home Legend

For anyone wondering going forward;

HW Priority is enabled by default if you have a heating zone valve - if you've got this it can't be disabled. There is no On/Off in the settings.

Current bug where if you manually override a zone the HW priority doesn't function correct but development team are aware.

Automated Home Legend

Could you describe how HW priority works in Evohome now.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Could you describe how HW priority works in Evohome now.
    So if you've got a heat demand on any of the zones that aren't HW, when the HW calls for heat it shuts down the 'Heating' BDR91 and opens the BDR91 for the HW. HW reheats and then the Heating BDR91 reengages and goes back to heating zones.

Note - this is only if you've got two zone valves for Heating and HW. If you've got no zone valve for the heating and just HR92s (As Honeywell suggest) then it'll not work.

Hope that is a good enough explanation?

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Only applies if you have a 'HEATING VALVE' at system layer.

Simply, when there is a hot water demand the Heating BDR will be de-energised.

This effectively turns an S Plan into an X Plan, and a Y Plan into a W Plan - with no changes to the hydronics or valves. Neat!
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Only applies if you have a 'HEATING VALVE' at system layer.

Simply, when there is a hot water demand the Heating BDR will be de-energised.

This effectively turns an S Plan into an X Plan, and a Y Plan into a W Plan - with no changes to the hydronics or valves. Neat!
    Think it would have been nice to have an On/Off option though, especially when it's enabled by default. Least before you had the option of wiring the system as such.

As discussed with Andy; there's certain scenarios where it isn't ideal.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    Think it would have been nice to have an On/Off option though, especially when it's enabled by default. Least before you had the option of wiring the system as such.

As discussed with Andy; there's certain scenarios where it isn't ideal.
    Whoa a second. So this new hot water priority cannot be turned off ???! Please tell me this isn't true.

What is the reason for that ? It's definitely not appropriate to my system with a slow heating cylinder - I do not want hot water priority, and I actually even have an ABV in series with the indirect loop for the cylinder (to prevent it dropping the radiator differential pressure to zero) precisely so radiators and hot water reheat can work in parallel, and this works well for me.

If this new feature can't be disabled this is a big step backwards for me and anyone else will a slow reheat cylinder.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 3rd April 2020 at 04:46 PM.