Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta & OpenTherm

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta & OpenTherm

Hello

Excellent news that the Evohome is being updated. I've signed up to the Beta trial but I'm wondering if any of the new features will be of benefit to users of the OpenTherm Bridge (& an OpenTherm compatible boiler)?

Many thanks, Pete

Automated Home Legend

Does your OT boiler have an external temperature sensor? In theory the Evohome will use that in preference to the internet temperature. However I can see no evidence of the Evohome controller requesting this outdoor temperature from the OTB.
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 7th April 2020 at 04:38 PM.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

the user smart weather features apply when using OT Bridge
    the installer zone scaling feature is not applicable when using OT Bridge
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

I cannot see any evidence to suggest that the controller is requesting the external temperature from the boiler via the OTB. In fact post the beta firmware here is absolutely no new OT data that is exchanged between the controller and the OTB.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I cannot see any evidence to suggest that the controller is requesting the external temperature from the boiler via the OTB. In fact post the beta firmware here is absolutely no new OT data that is exchanged between the controller and the OTB.
    I agree, my boiler is reporting 12.44C via OpenTherm but the Evotouch is displaying 9C and Cold Weather Boost is activated.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Same. I don't have my OTGW in place at the moment but I can see that the boiler and Evohome are both displaying different outside temperatures.

So, if Evohome is supposed to be pulling this data from the boiler then I think we've found a bug - it isn't working.

P.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Does your OT boiler have an external temperature sensor? In theory the Evohome will use that in preference to the internet temperature. However I can see no evidence of the Evohome controller requesting this outdoor temperature from the OTB.
    Yes .. my boiler has weather comp installed. OTGW is picking up the Outside Temp correctly from the boiler. Evohome controller is showing a different outside temp. 13degC vs. 9degC this mid-morning. I have both new Smart Weather features disabled.

So I agree ... Evohome is not displaying the outside temp provided by the boiler.

Whether Evohome is using the outside temp contained in the OT messages from the boiler is another matter

Automated Home Legend

I have been looking at the radio messages that go between the Controller and the OTB. So far I've seen nothing that tells me the Outdoor temperature is even being requested or sent back between the Controller and the OTB. So the fact that the Controller and the Boiler show different temperatures isn't a surprise. But is this a bug or a feature? Well a change log would have been able to tell us that.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

depends if the boiler has an outside sensor and whether it has been coded to share that over OT
    refer to boiler manufacturer to find out...
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    depends if the boiler has an outside sensor and whether it has been coded to share that over OT
    refer to boiler manufacturer to find out...
    Mine is, as confirmed by monitoring via an OTGW.

I see no evidence, unfortunately, that Evohome is using this temperature in preference to the Internet reading.

It was clear yesterday that Cold Weather Boost was active based on the displayed Internet temperature, whereas it shouldn’t have been based on the higher OpenTherm reading.