Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta & OpenTherm

Automated Home Legend

@paulockenden, time for you to connect up your OTGW. I think on this thread, you are the only one who has a proper OT boiler, a boiler connected external temperature sensor, OTGW, OTB and HGI80.
    I have an external temperature sensor connected to the boiler but my boiler is not natively OT. My Vaillant uses the VR33 but I have no idea if the VR33 can pass on the external temperature over the OT bus.

Automated Home Lurker

Not wishing to brag but my boiler does pass outside temp to OT. I monitor it with an OTGW & HomeAssistant

My setup:

ATAG iC Economiser Plus27 combi. (installed Sept 2018)
    Weather compensation connection to boiler
    Evohome & OpenTherm Bridge
    HR92UK rad valves in 5 zones.
    Nodo-Shop OpenTherm Gateway
    Home-Assistant monitoring all of the above.

Granted, I donít have an HGI80 or DIY equivalent ... but itís only a matter of time.

Automated Home Legend

@PJB without an HGI80 or DIY, how are you sure that the Outside temperature from your OT boiler is reaching the Controller?

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    @PJB without an HGI80 or DIY, how are you sure that the Outside temperature from your OT boiler is reaching the Controller?
    @Bruce ... good point. My mistake. I canít be sure. Perhaps itís an OTB firmware update we need too?

Automated Home Legend

except that the OTB cannot be end user updated. The only way I can see this work is if the OTB is genuinely designed as a simple OT bridge I.e. it can respond and rely any OT command as long as they are within the spec. So the updated controller would just ask the OTB to query the boiler for the Outdoor temperature using the relevant OT command.