• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

EvoHome Beta 02.00.19.31 - Confirmed bugs

Let's use this thread to report confirmed bugs.

I'll start.

Heating Off now stops any zone from being manually overridden. So when you turn up a zone, nothing happens. However the set point on the zone is changed and the valve pin opens. Because Heating is Off, that manually changed Setpoint is never updated back down to 5C (Off). Basically nothing happens.
    But when the HW comes on, this manually overridden zone has its valve pin still sitting Open. And gets hot!
    The easiest solution would be for the controller to reset all zones to 5C at periodic intervals. That way if a zone is manually overridden and the set point goes back to 5C, then there is some feedback in the zone to show the controller has ignored that setting. It will also stop that zone from heating up when the HW kicks in.
    Ofcourse this bug will only affect those that don't have a motorised valve on the CH loop, assuming all radiators have a HR valve on them.
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

HW Priority Bug - Not reheating when zone override is in place.

HW Priority will not work when a heating zone is manually overridden - resulting in the HW not reheating until that zone override is cancelled or meets the set point. Can mean that the HW doesn't start to instantly reheat when it is required.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
      HW Priority Bug - Not reheating when zone override is in place.

HW Priority will not work when a heating zone is manually overridden - resulting in the HW not reheating until that zone override is cancelled or meets the set point. Can mean that the HW doesn't start to instantly reheat when it is required.
      Are you sure it's a manual override triggering it, and not that it's just a large heat demand from a zone ? In my case the hot water started reheating when the heat demand dropping but while the override was still active.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        Are you sure it's a manual override triggering it, and not that it's just a large heat demand from a zone ? In my case the hot water started reheating when the heat demand dropping but while the override was still active.
        It seems to be. When it’s running a schedule and there’s a large demand on zones on my system it works like it should. We have a couple of zones boost at 8pm, usually when we’re drawing off large amounts of HW and it hasn’t failed to recover yet - it’s when there’s a manually override it doesn’t function correctly - a feature I rarely use in the winter more something I use Spring/Summer.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Evohome doesn't appear to be using the Outside temperature via an OT boiler, which has an outside sensor connected to it.

Comment

Working...
          X