X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Lithe Audio In ceiling Wifi Speakers

Hi does any one have any experience with the Lithe Audio in ceiling WiFi speakers, as the look like they could be a great alternative to Sonos.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • guyank
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

I considered these but they’re not AirPlay 2, so don’t work for multi room audio. Instead I bought a second hand Airport Express as Airplay 2 has just been added to these, connected up an old amp and a pair of passive speakers. It works perfectly with Siri.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

They do work as multi room audio, and are Air Play compatible. How long ago did you consider these.
      I just want to know if they are any good, as they are a lot cheaper than a Sonos system, which I know sounds excellent having installed several systems for clients.
      Take a look at this video https://youtu.be/7jRMpoS_Q3I
      Last edited by toscal; 24 April 2020, 10:46 PM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• guyank
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Sep 2015

I looked at them in the last few weeks. As far as audio quality is concerned, I believe that Lithe are pretty good. However, my point about multi room audio with AirPlay is correct, which is what I was looking for. They are only AirPlay compatible, not AirPlay 2. You can see this in the YouTube video you linked where only one destination could be selected to AirPlay to. As I already have some AirPlay 2 compatible devices, I went with the above solution which means I can send my music to more than one zone at a time.

The video suggests that Lithe have their own app which can achieve multi room audio and a quick search of the App Store reveals that it has less than 3 stars. What this app can play I don’t know, whereas you can AirPlay almost anything. It really depends what your looking for, and ultimately if you buy one and it doesn’t offer what you need, you could attach an external source to the aux in. As I did, I went with passive speakers and they offer the ability to add any source and upgrade in the future for an lower initial cost (on the speakers).

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

I can now confirm that the Lithe WiFI speakers are now Airplay2 compatible
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
          X