Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: An Alternative Perspective

Automated Home Jr Member

i have to say that while it definitely has its quirks, I have found the Evohome system really good. After very bad experiences with the hive smart TRVs, the Evohome is in a different league.

My main feedback area is that the UI on controller and mobile apps are quite dated.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by wilfman View Post
    i have to say that while it definitely has its quirks, I have found the Evohome system really good. After very bad experiences with the hive smart TRVs, the Evohome is in a different league.

My main feedback area is that the UI on controller and mobile apps are quite dated.
    Previously we only used conventional heating controls so I cannot comment on other "smart" systems. The reason we changed to EvoHome was because we needed each zone to have independent control of the boiler, not because we needed all the smart features, although some are useful. I have no objection to all the more complex advanced features, provided those of us who want more basic operation can disable them. So far this has been possible but the reported enforced HW priority will be a significant disadvantage if it is not made an option.

My big gripe is that basic problems like battery contacts and management etc etc have not been addressed in any of the updates. These make a advanced mature system look like an early prototype.