• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveP
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by DorrisMancer View Post
    Thanks for all the replies but I'm convinced that the use of custom (as described by DBMandrake and others) is the best solution. It allows rads in individual rooms to be turned-up during chilly spells and for them to reset to an off state without interaction, and also ensures that heat isn't wasted by going to areas where it isn't wanted - the other potential solutions don't do that.
    Yep - Im currently running the Custom set up recommended by DBMandrake and after many years of changing settings during summer I don't know why I didn't think of this approach! Keeps my bathroom towels dry without having to switch on the electric element, but keeps the rest of the house off unless someone wants to override - thumbs up

Comment

• Stevedh
      Automated Home Guru
      • Mar 2017

Summer confuses me. Logically I shouldn't have to change anything, but for some reason in the summer a given temperature feels warmer then it does in the winter with the result that heaters come on even when the room feels warm enough. The new beta firmware has gone some way to fixing this, but I may take a look at the custom settings.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
        Summer confuses me. Logically I shouldn't have to change anything, but for some reason in the summer a given temperature feels warmer then it does in the winter with the result that heaters come on even when the room feels warm enough. The new beta firmware has gone some way to fixing this, but I may take a look at the custom settings.
        All down to humidity levels.

Comment

• Stevedh
          Automated Home Guru
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
          All down to humidity levels.
          In the API Evohome has humidity info alongside temperature, could they have an option to take humidity into account?

Comment

• frankmalia
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Apr 2019

I've been using IFTTT, If outside temperature is above XX'C then enable eco,day off, away or custom. I use 14'C and enable ECO. I switch back to day off mode when temp drops below XX'C

This prevents the heating coming on when its to warm at beginning summer.

Now that the summer is fully here, Evo Home is switching off nicely by itself. But beginning of summer there was some to warm rooms.

Works well.

Shame Evo can't use the outside temperature setting of this app for shutting down evo home.
            1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Comment

Working...
            X