Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What setting for Summer?

Automated Home Sr Member

I just hit the eco button (in fact I just did it this morning), 3 degrees means the heating won't come on... I suppose I could use off :-)

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jabes View Post
    I just hit the eco button (in fact I just did it this morning), 3 degrees means the heating won't come on... I suppose I could use off :-)
    The problem with the Eco quick action is it can't be used in conjunction with the Day Off quick action. And during the lockdown our system is on permanent Day Off mode when it isn't on heating off mode...

Automated Home Guru

Eco button gets my vote.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Theoretically we should not need to make any changes and just let Evohome keep the house at our accustomed level, but we feel the temperature differently due to the humidity changes. And also age. If where you live the Summer months are hot enough not to need heating then yes Off is the best solution.
    I don't change anything. I rely on the heating turning itself off when the weather is warm enough.

Automated Home Sr Member

Thanks for all the replies but I'm convinced that the use of custom (as described by DBMandrake and others) is the best solution. It allows rads in individual rooms to be turned-up during chilly spells and for them to reset to an off state without interaction, and also ensures that heat isn't wasted by going to areas where it isn't wanted - the other potential solutions don't do that.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DorrisMancer View Post
    Thanks for all the replies but I'm convinced that the use of custom (as described by DBMandrake and others) is the best solution. It allows rads in individual rooms to be turned-up during chilly spells and for them to reset to an off state without interaction, and also ensures that heat isn't wasted by going to areas where it isn't wanted - the other potential solutions don't do that.
    Yep - Im currently running the Custom set up recommended by DBMandrake and after many years of changing settings during summer I don't know why I didn't think of this approach! Keeps my bathroom towels dry without having to switch on the electric element, but keeps the rest of the house off unless someone wants to override - thumbs up

Automated Home Sr Member

Summer confuses me. Logically I shouldn't have to change anything, but for some reason in the summer a given temperature feels warmer then it does in the winter with the result that heaters come on even when the room feels warm enough. The new beta firmware has gone some way to fixing this, but I may take a look at the custom settings.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedh View Post
    Summer confuses me. Logically I shouldn't have to change anything, but for some reason in the summer a given temperature feels warmer then it does in the winter with the result that heaters come on even when the room feels warm enough. The new beta firmware has gone some way to fixing this, but I may take a look at the custom settings.
    All down to humidity levels.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    All down to humidity levels.
    In the API Evohome has humidity info alongside temperature, could they have an option to take humidity into account?

Automated Home Jr Member

I've been using IFTTT, If outside temperature is above XX'C then enable eco,day off, away or custom. I use 14'C and enable ECO. I switch back to day off mode when temp drops below XX'C

This prevents the heating coming on when its to warm at beginning summer.

Now that the summer is fully here, Evo Home is switching off nicely by itself. But beginning of summer there was some to warm rooms.

Works well.

Shame Evo can't use the outside temperature setting of this app for shutting down evo home.
    1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG