• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilfman
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2019

Heating Off - HR92 Behaviour

Hi

I have been testing using "heating off" with HR92s configured with local override disabled to stop them being turned on manually.

Today because it was cold we decided to turn the heating on but after an hour nearly all of the HR92s were in the off position still.

So I had to disable local override on the control for each HR92 and then manually turn the dial on each to get them back up and running. They are now correctly following the schedule after I set economy mode off and back to normal mode.

Questions.
    - Is this a known issue?
    - I realised as part of this if the HR92s are prevented from local over-ride you can do nothing with them including rebinding, etc. If the controller is reset in future or fails, does that mean all linked HR92s are stuck in blocked mode or is there still a way to manually reset them?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

If you're referrig to the "OFF" setting directly on an HR92 when turning the dial (not just setting it to 5C) then yes this is the expected behaviour.

OFF tells the HR92 to completely ignore the schedule from the controller, so you can try to set set points from the controller as much as you like but an HR92 in OFF mode will ignore set point changes until manually taken out of off mode by turning the dial. There is no way to get it out of OFF mode from the controller that I'm aware of.

When you use the Heating Off action on the controller the HR92's are actually just set to 5C, they aren't put in the "OFF" mode.

Incidentally a word of warning - OFF mode on an HR92 also disables frost protection for that radiator...

Regarding not being able to re-pair HR92's that have local override enabled - it's not an issue. If you reboot the HR92 by removing the batteries it will go back to local override enabled temporarily - until it does a sync with the controller, at which point it will lock again, if it is still bound to the zone.

However if the controller is not responding or the HR92 has been removed from the zone at the controller end it won't be able to sync and thus it won't regain the local override disabled status.

Comment

• wilfman
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2019

Thanks! That makes a lot more sense now!

Comment

Working...
      X