• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DorrisMancer
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2017

Min distance between two Evohome controllers

I have two controllers that are currently next to each other. I'm planning to move them and it occurs that it might be beneficial (although a pain to do) to put them at least 300mm apart. Has anyone experimented with effects of separation of controllers?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DorrisMancer View Post
    I have two controllers that are currently next to each other. I'm planning to move them and it occurs that it might be beneficial (although a pain to do) to put them at least 300mm apart. Has anyone experimented with effects of separation of controllers?
    I notice you have not had a reply to this. It may be not many use two control panels. It has to be the case 5hough that you need some distance between them and the recommended one is 30cms. Sounds like a big property!

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

I'd have thought you'd want the controllers on different floors (or different wings!!!!!) - keep each controller in the part of the property that it's looking after.

Comment

• DorrisMancer
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2017

Currently they're set-up as one for upstairs and t'other for downstairs, powered from the C/H supply via the old thermostat cable. I'd thought about having one on the landing (and using it for T sensing) but that means getting power to it (not straightforward), and the landing is quite long so I think it's better to use the two HR92s for temp sensing. Changing the controllers so that they do different areas of the house (sadly, they aren't "wings") would increase the distance to the BDR91s and CS92, and I've already had to move them into the kitchen from the boiler area to reduce the distance to the controllers.

Comment

Working...
        X