• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bingo
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2018

Multi-room feature - some questions

Hi there!

From looking at other posts, I believe that with multi-room zone all the HR92s in that zone have the same schedule but act independently using their own sensor.

With single-room zone, the controller shows the current temperature measured by the designated sensor.
    But with multi-room zone, what temperature does the controller show? Lowest temperature measured by all the HR92s in the zone?

I assume that with multi-room feature, using a remote sensor is not really appropriate?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bingo View Post
    Hi there!

From looking at other posts, I believe that with multi-room zone all the HR92s in that zone have the same schedule but act independently using their own sensor.

With single-room zone, the controller shows the current temperature measured by the designated sensor.
    But with multi-room zone, what temperature does the controller show? Lowest temperature measured by all the HR92s in the zone?

I assume that with multi-room feature, using a remote sensor is not really appropriate?
    I imagine that it is similar to having two or more radiators in one room each with an HR92 fitted. On the basis the second and further radiators are added as additional ones then it is the first HR92 bound that does the the talking to the Control Panel and reports the temperature. If one has more than one radiator in a room then it is a must to ensure things are set this way otherwise chaos could reign. I use a separate thermostat to control temperature in one such room rather than use the HR92s.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by bingo View Post
      Hi there!

It shows the first HR92 which was bound to the zone, which is also the one that would be used as the only sensor if you switched the zone back to single room zone. If you're not sure which one it is then try removing the one you think it is and place it somewhere hot (on top of a radiator) for a few minutes and see if the controller reading changes.
      As far as I know you cannot use a remote sensor with multi-room mode. If you did try to bind one the temperature sensed by the remote sensor might be displayed on the controller but it would not be used by the HR92's.

Comment

• bingo
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Dec 2018

Thanks, G4RHL and DBMandrake, for your answers!

Comment

Working...
        X