Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evohome Installation help

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks buddy!

First attachment is now corrected.

Automated Home Jr Member

Also, you may not have seen my other reply? Just before you posted.

Good night

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
    So the DHW:
    HW - You need to use the probe in the cylinder stat pocket - the current stat on my tank needs to be removed and the new EvoHome stat goes into the pocket?
    However it is essential you wire the High Limit stat in - What is this? forgive me, it might be simple as looking, the kit is in the garage and i have not yet opened the DHW Kit to look over it.
    on the cylinder in series with the HW BDR91. So L & N to HW BDR91. - this can be taken from my mains fused spur?
    L to A - same as Boiler BDR, just a bridge?
    B to high limit stat com, - B OUT of BDR to the Wireless box High Limit Common?
    High Limit stat NC to Brown MV wire. - Please can you clear this up for me buddy?

and if i have got anytihng else a miss.

Many thanks

Martin
    No the existing cylinder stat must stay in place as this is a Dual stat. High limit and a cylinder stat. If the cylinder stat was to fail then the high limit stat would click in cutting the power to the Zone valve closing it. This has to be then manually reset on the cylinder before it would work again - it's one of the main fail safe devices on an unvented cylinder.

Unless i've misunderstood you and you've got a thermal store rather than a Unvented Cylinder?

Picture of the cylinder and stat would be useful.

Automated Home Jr Member

Got ya,
    Up until this evening i didnt really know much about the engineering and control of the cylinders, still dont really.

I have A Kingspan Albion UltraSteel 210Ltr Unvented Indirect cylinder:
    https://www.fueltankshop.co.uk/kings...cylinder/p5431
    IMG_3567.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    jkjj.jpg

It has a Codice Ė Dual Combined High Limit Thermostat & Control
    https://www.unventedcomponentseurope...ol-542794.html
    Kingspan part number - STATDUALALTP
    IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3571.jpg

Automated Home Jr Member

Read post before this first.

IMG_3606.jpg

The cover has never been on this device since it was installed and the immersion has never been wired up either - is this something i need to do / have done? will it help things?
    IMG_3604.jpg

So i suspect i have a copper pocket that my aforementioned stat sits inside i have not traced the white cable coming from the DHW Stat just yet, do i need too? i THINK it goes directly to my Boiler and connects here:
    g.jpg
    the chocblock

With all this in mind, i am ever so slightly lost now so any help will be received with great appreciation.

Automated Home Jr Member

So i was looking over another forum and came across this plan, looks like the same as i am trying to do, what do you think buddy?
    evohome_LI (2).jpg

Automated Home Ninja

No that diagram isn't correct.

So the stat on the side of the cylinder - is the dual stat. You need to connect B from you BDR91 to C on the lefthand side stat (this is the High Limit stat). Then the link that goes across in the middle of the stat (So from 2 on the high limit to C on the regular stat). Remove this and connect the wire that would go to the HW MV to the section on the left stat where you have removed the linked wire from (So 2 on the High limit stat).

Automated Home Jr Member

Thank you again. I have learnt so much these last few days!
    Since my last post Ive worked out what you just said with a slight variation...
    I have it down that from my dhw bdr B I go too high limit C then out from 1 on the regular stat on the RIGHT To the brown of my valve. So passing L through the high point and then should limit be reached the L Is killer shutting off the valve.

In doing what you say above, is there a change to how it works?

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
    Thank you again. I have learnt so much these last few days!
    Since my last post Ive worked out what you just said with a slight variation...
    I have it down that from my dhw bdr B I go too high limit C then out from 1 on the regular stat on the RIGHT To the brown of my valve. So passing L through the high point and then should limit be reached the L Is killer shutting off the valve.

In doing what you say above, is there a change to how it works?
    No not really, in fact it's better doing it your way - I do this sometimes and just crank the stat to max (So 65oc in your case) but it's depending on how high the regular stat will set and what you set EvoHome at. As if you have it on 65oc on the normal stat and 65oc on Evohome it's possible that your regular stat may cut in before Evohome does - which you don't want. But if your regular stat is set on 65oc and Evohome at 55oc then Evohome should always cut in before the normal stat would usually go to Open circuit.

Automated Home Jr Member

Fabulous. Thank you my mate.
    Just had to turn my boiler off!
    Seems to be all working ok and then I walk downstairs and itís like an oven.... heating is on at nuclear temperatures. Couldnít touch the rads. Checked the evohome screen and it didnít look like it was running. Any idea why that might be buddy?
    Iím a bit reluctant to carry on if itís not working properly.