• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redw0001
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2004

New HR92 display Valve E2

I've just added two new zones to my system and five HR92s (four in one of the two new zones). The first zone and it's HR92 worked just fine.

All four HR92s in zone 2 bound just fine (actually, it only allowed two to be added then I had to go back and mod the zone to add the other two), however when I ran a test by turning up the temp requirement in the zone only three responded correctly. The fourth one displayed the new temp then displayed "Valve E2".

I checked on t'internet at Honeywell's site and for Valve E2 it suggested possibly misalignment etc. I thought I'd been careful seating everything.

I tried what they said .... factory reset of the HR92.... still displayed Valve E2
    I then unlocked the fourth head and another and swapped the heads over and retested. The Valve E2 message moved with the head.

Does anybody have any suggestions on this please, short of contacting the supplier and getting the head swapped, I'm sure I must have missed something.

Previously I'd had nine zones and eleven HR92s running fine for about two years, without any real problems.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by redw0001; 23 June 2020, 11:50 AM.
  • djb61
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2019

I had the same when I installed mine, 12 HR92s of which one gave an E2 fault which means a motor/gearbox problem.
    To rule out definitively any issues with the TRV pin etc I tried engaging the lock with the HR92 not on the TRV, within a minute of setting the catch to locked the valve will try and test the movement of the TRV pin by winding the valve all the way closed and then open. On my valve it immediately gave an E2 fault when doing this whilst any other HR92 you would hear it winding the valve in both directions, since it wasn't physically on a TRV at the time this ruled out misalignment, stuck TRV pin or other issues.
    Ultimately I took it back to the supplier under warranty and they gave me a replacement.

Comment

• redw0001
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by djb61 View Post
      I had the same when I installed mine, 12 HR92s of which one gave an E2 fault which means a motor/gearbox problem.
      To rule out definitively any issues with the TRV pin etc I tried engaging the lock with the HR92 not on the TRV, within a minute of setting the catch to locked the valve will try and test the movement of the TRV pin by winding the valve all the way closed and then open. On my valve it immediately gave an E2 fault when doing this whilst any other HR92 you would hear it winding the valve in both directions, since it wasn't physically on a TRV at the time this ruled out misalignment, stuck TRV pin or other issues.
      Ultimately I took it back to the supplier under warranty and they gave me a replacement.
      Many thanks for the suggestion, I'd not thought about that. I'll do that test today.

Comment

Working...
      X