• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

HR92 Batteries

I have mentioned in previous postings that one of my HR92s has consistently needed its batteries changing every three months over the last 5.5 years. As an experiment I changed to lithium batteries. I got 4 months out of them!
  • Jabes
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    I have mentioned in previous postings that one of my HR92s has consistently needed its batteries changing every three months over the last 5.5 years. As an experiment I changed to lithium batteries. I got 4 months out of them!
    Have you worked out whether it is the HR92 or the location?

Best wishes
    James

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

It’s definitely the HR92. I checked the location long ago.

Comment

• Jabes
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Aug 2017

It’s definitely the HR92. I checked the location long ago.
        Sounds like with 4x the battery usage from normal (3 months vs 12, say) then you calculate the TTV for replacement quite quickly :-)

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Jabes View Post
          Sounds like with 4x the battery usage from normal (3 months vs 12, say) then you calculate the TTV for replacement quite quickly :-)
          After all these years I know almost to the day when the battery low warning will come up. I ought to have had it replaced long ago but too late now. It’s 4.5 years old. I have a spare HR92 I could put in place. Perhaps it is laziness I haven’t. But 4.5 years in and all works well. Optimisation a no no for me and the app could do with updating but other than that it is a great system. Particularly if once set it up you stop playing with it!

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

5.5 years of suffering poor battery life and you still haven't replaced it yet for one that isn't faulty ?

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
              5.5 years of suffering poor battery life and you still haven't replaced it yet for one that isn't faulty ?
              I did say I was lazy! It is alongside me in my study and other than the need to change the batteries more frequently has not been a concern. You are right though. I ought to get the new out of its box and replace it! But then my spare is going to be a faulty one!

Comment

• paulockenden
                Automated Home Legend
                • Apr 2015

Faulty-ish.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Mar 2017

One of our HR92s is showing low battery but can't bring myself to change it yet

Was hoping for them to last till September/October then i'm going to change them all to Lithium in one go and see how long they last.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                    Faulty-ish.
                    Maybe, but replacing batteries every 3 months for 5 1/2 years can't be cheap either. And for me the annoyance factor would be too much...

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                      Maybe, but replacing batteries every 3 months for 5 1/2 years can't be cheap either. And for me the annoyance factor would be too much...
                      A little under £10. Cost of a bottle of gin! I ought though to swap it over with my spare.

Comment

Working...
                      X