Evohome - phantom demand from Open Therm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andehh
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

Evohome - phantom demand from Open Therm.

As per title, system has been installed and working fine for last couple of years.

Ideal logic combi boiler, evohome and 2 HCE80.

Middle of the night the boiler powers on as 15% heat demand from Open Therm. Now rhyme or reason especially as it was such a warm night.

Ended up pulling batteries & reinstating them in the controller to eventually resolve.

Any thoughts on what could have triggered this 15% heat demand?

Thanks
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Did you check the heat demands in the system installer menu in the evotouch ? That should tell you which zone demanded heat.

What are your night time set points and what temperatures were the rooms relative to them ?

Did you notice any anomalous set point overrides ?

Comment

• Andehh
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2015

Room 4 had a 15% demand as well (apparently deleted this line item by mistake) but all rooms were set to 15 degrees and were 24+ degrees in reality.

15% heat demand reading received from the installer menu.

Room 4 has had 3 Comms signal drops in the last month, but broadly speaking never caused us any problems. No signal issues last night in the fault log, but one 2 nights ago.

Welcome your thoughts, thank you.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

I would try rebooting all the devices in the zone (HR92 and any wall sensors) by removing the batteries and reinserting them.

HR92's have been known to generate spurious heat demand before (or fail to generate a heat demand when it should) and a reboot usually fixes that.

Also check the latch on the HR92 is clicked properly in the lock position.

Comment

• Andehh
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2015

Thanks very much, appreciate your feedback.

I have pulled the batteries and reset everything and will keep an eye!

Comment

• m112
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Oct 2016

Have you noticed for how long the boiler was firing up. Was it 9min off 1 min on by any chance?

Comment

• Andehh
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by m112 View Post
              Have you noticed for how long the boiler was firing up. Was it 9min off 1 min on by any chance?
              I don't believe so! I have come across the scenario you described though; time based modulation? ie very low heat demand and the boiler cannot output a heat level 'that low' - therefore it turns itself on & off to achieve a low heat output.

The Ideal Logic Vogue (a boiler we are very happy with) boiler we purposely chosen so that it could modulate very low down, as opposed to a previous boiler which modulated by turning itself on & off!

Comment

• m112
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Oct 2016

My intergas can modulate to 25c so im puzzled why max ch temp is demanded. Its also intermittent. Either incompatibility or a fault

Comment

Working...
                X