• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krejt
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2016

Firmware 02.00.19.33 Released?

Yesterday I noticed a message I have never seen before had popped-up on the display of my Evohome. Something about hot/cold boost? Today, of course, I rushed to this forum to investigate this and found the firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial threads. I missed it completeley, being in summer-sleep. Anyway, it didn't take long to discover a new firmware version 02.00.19.33 has been pushed to my Evohome!

I could of course read all beta discussions, but are there releasenotes somewhere, or can somebody do a nice writeup about all features that made it to this new version, and what not??
    Evohomeclient temperatures on ThingSpeak: https://thingspeak.com/channels/79213
  • ally153
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Krejt View Post
    Yesterday I noticed a message I have never seen before had popped-up on the display of my Evohome. Something about hot/cold boost? Today, of course, I rushed to this forum to investigate this and found the firmware 02.00.19.31 Beta Trial threads. I missed it completeley, being in summer-sleep. Anyway, it didn't take long to discover a new firmware version 02.00.19.33 has been pushed to my Evohome!

I could of course read all beta discussions, but are there releasenotes somewhere, or can somebody do a nice writeup about all features that made it to this new version, and what not??
    The release notes are embedded in the 2.0.19.31 thread here: https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...ll=1#post42920

Hope that helps!

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Do I take it from this that 02.00.19.33 has actually been pushed to all Evohome Wi-Fi devices ? Or just those who were in the 02.00.19.31 Beta ?

Comment

• anniesboy
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Aug 2019

I did not join the beta, mine is currently 02.00.17.03

Comment

• Krejt
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2016

I'm not aware I was a member of the current beta team. I was in december 2017. Did that last this long???

Comment

• Edinburgh2000
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2016

I am not a member of the beta team either, but I noticed yesterday that my system has been modified. I spotted the icon for the hot water cylinder has changed, such that it looks different while it is heating from when it is satisfied. My application software is now 02.00.19.33. I have had no email or other communication from Honeywell explaining the upgrade or what is in it. However, I see that the new version incorporates Hot Water Priority. I am very pleased that it is installed with "Disabled" as the default - for which I am very grateful to some on this forum.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while, watching the development of the beta version, although not participating myself. I therefore have an idea of the features in the new release. But it does seem strange that Honeywell is upgrading users' systems, with no communication and no reference to a manual or an explanation of the new features. The average punter is unlikely to find this forum and would benefit from a simple one-page email explaining the changes and how they can be used to best effect.

Comment

• ally153
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Nov 2014

I apologise for the confusion. I was supplied a list of field trial MAC addresses, which must have contained additional MAC addresses from the previous trial. The firmware deployed is what we intend to release in the Autumn, when has been fully tested by our internal test team for stability. Feedback from the beta test is intended to be fed forward to future projects.

The update shouldn't affect the operation of your system, because all the new features require enabling to operate.

We can rollback firmware to any affected devices who don't wish to have the v2.0.19.33 update at this point. However due to the extra configuration items added, if we rollback the firmware, some configuration items will be lost. This won't damage the device in any way, but will require users to re-bind/re-configure their systems again.

If a rollback is required, please feel free to PM me with your MAC address and we will rollback your units as soon as possible.

Comment

• Krejt
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ally153 View Post
                If a rollback is required, please feel free to PM me with your MAC address and we will rollback your units as soon as possible.
                Apologies not needed. Thanks for the update! Summer is over, time to play with the heating again ;-)

Comment

• chrisgare
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2013

I've just taken a look and mine has been updated even though I was not part of the beta trial.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
                    I've just taken a look and mine has been updated even though I was not part of the beta trial.
                    Strange that you also got it when not signed up, but I wouldn't stress too much about it - this second beta looks very stable and functional so far, with none of the (many) problems of the first beta. I'm liking it a lot. Enjoy.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

So is mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X