Thread: Block on maximum temperature in one zone - limited to 22C

Automated Home Legend

Default Block on maximum temperature in one zone - limited to 22C

I have just tried to turn the heating up in a room as we have a friend coming and I know he feels the cold! The app would not let me increase the temperature in that room above 22C. It stopped with that as the maximum. I checked other zones and with all the others the maximum setting is 24C. This has not happened before and no idea why, without any intervention from me, it should be limited to just one room or zone. Anybody know if there has been some spurious update to the app or software?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I have just tried to turn the heating up in a room as we have a friend coming and I know he feels the cold! The app would not let me increase the temperature in that room above 22C. It stopped with that as the maximum. I checked other zones and with all the others the maximum setting is 24C. This has not happened before and no idea why, without any intervention from me, it should be limited to just one room or zone. Anybody know if there has been some spurious update to the app or software?
    In the installer menu, zone configuration, every zone has an adjustable maximum temperature so you can put a cap on the maximum temperature anyone can set the zone to. Have a look in there.

As to how it got like that if you didn't do it - no idea. The default is 35C although I've set all my zones to a maximum of 30C. So if your other zones are limited to 24C then either you or the installer has set that at some point in the past.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    In the installer menu, zone configuration, every zone has an adjustable maximum temperature so you can put a cap on the maximum temperature anyone can set the zone to. Have a look in there.

As to how it got like that if you didn't do it - no idea. The default is 35C although I've set all my zones to a maximum of 30C. So if your other zones are limited to 24C then either you or the installer has set that at some point in the past.
    Thanks for the reply. It must have been me doing this 6 years ago and I had forgotten all about it. Yes, I have checked the parameters for each zone to find they are so set. Short term memory loss! Although 6 years may be heading toward long term!