Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Install - Banging Head Against The Wall - Hot Water Sensor!

Automated Home Jr Member

Month on and I'm still experiencing regular HW hot shoots, but I know have a solution which limits the impact, so I'm happy!

Basically I've now got an Opentherm Gateway monitoring the boiler, this is integrated into Home Assistant and I've got a Home Assistant automation which switches off the HW if it detects Evohome requesting maximum output from the boiler, the hot water temp raising, but no temperature update for 10 minutes. This works perfectly, so when an overshoot starts to happen, rather than before where the boiler would run at 100% for an hour (because the a HW temp update got missed by the controller), worst case this now only happens for 10 mins, meaning the temp gets limited to between 55-60c. The automation, can tell when the boiler is calling for maximum heat, I've also programmed it to reinstate HW schedule when the temp falls below the Evohome HW lower threshold.

Happy days, but frankly this shouldn't be required!

Automated Home Lurker

Just wondering if there is any update on your CS92A testing. One reason for asking is that I like to see solutions to difficult problems, and your pi monitoring shows you are serious in trying to find a solution. Another reason is that I'm thinking of installing Evohome but would wonder about the CS92A side of things. Maybe I've missed updates and something has been sorted with beta firmware or whatever.

Sorry meant to ask this of DBMandrake but anyone else have anything more either, thanks.

Automated Home Legend

I even took the weak battery theory out of the equation. My CS92A is hardwired and uses the same PSU as the controller and I still get the Hot Water Comms failure messages.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by IFTTW View Post
    Just wondering if there is any update on your CS92A testing. One reason for asking is that I like to see solutions to difficult problems, and your pi monitoring shows you are serious in trying to find a solution. Another reason is that I'm thinking of installing Evohome but would wonder about the CS92A side of things. Maybe I've missed updates and something has been sorted with beta firmware or whatever.

Sorry meant to ask this of DBMandrake but anyone else have anything more either, thanks.
    The CS92A does work, don’t worry. As pointed out it’s a signal strength issue. It does not prevent my system operating and in my case if I get a message to say contact with the CS92A was lost it is when hot water is not being heated. It restores itself. I just ignore it Sometimes it’s in the early hours. The Evohome system is good. More should get to know about it. My gas consumption has dropped a little since I installed it 6 years ago. May be warmer weather of course!

Automated Home Legend

I don't believe the CS92A issues are due to signal strength at all. The issues appear to all point to software issues, rather than hardware. So I remain optimistic that they can be fixed.

Automated Home Guru

I agree that, at least in my case, signal strength is not the cause. It is really disappointing that Honeywell have made no comment on this issue, that has been reported and discussed on and off for years