Will there Ever be HOMEKIT support on Evohome!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AH@AI
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2017

Will there Ever be HOMEKIT support on Evohome!!!

I have been using Evohome since 2017 and have been very happy with the system bar a few hiccups. But we are a home full of iOS users. Why in the world would Honeywell not support Evohome. Is there any sort of limitation in the hardware? I am very aware of the home-brew hacks but I am looking for native support for HomeKit. Can any of the forum members shed some light on this or should I be looking at an alternative system that supports HomeKit?
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by AH@AI View Post
    I have been using Evohome since 2017 and have been very happy with the system bar a few hiccups. But we are a home full of iOS users. Why in the world would Honeywell not support Evohome. Is there any sort of limitation in the hardware? I am very aware of the home-brew hacks but I am looking for native support for HomeKit. Can any of the forum members shed some light on this or should I be looking at an alternative system that supports HomeKit?
    I agree. It is a long time coming. Must be over a year ago it appeared for a short time in HomeKit and then went. One assumes it is being worked on but it is taking a long time. Should have been with us years ago, particularly as the competition is ahead of them on this. There are updates coming, certainly for the control panel firmware and one hopes the app. The latter has been more or less the same for the 6 years I have used Evohome and needs updating.

Comment

• AH@AI
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      I agree. It is a long time coming. Must be over a year ago it appeared for a short time in HomeKit and then went. One assumes it is being worked on but it is taking a long time. Should have been with us years ago, particularly as the competition is ahead of them on this. There are updates coming, certainly for the control panel firmware and one hopes the app. The latter has been more or less the same for the 6 years I have used Evohome and needs updating.
      Completely agree. I hope Honeywell can shed some light this via this post.

Comment

Working...
      X