• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyTriumpH
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2016

evohome Radiator HR92 Valve Broken

Hi

One of my Radiator Valves HR92 developed a high pitch squeak and on examining it, I noticed that the digital display all of the icons were being displayed at the same time. So, on first thought I thought this might be low batteries, and I replaced them for new ones, but the problem persists. Lucky enough I have a spare valve, and I did a swap.

However, my question is really to ask whether this valve could be fixed, and if so, what are the steps I need to perform to fix it?

Has anyone been in this position and know what to do?

Thanks
  • Stevedh
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2017

Just spotted this, after experiencing exactly the same thing, and doing a post (my initial search params didn't find this).
    I'm guessing that with no replies you had no joy in finding a solution?

Comment

• AndyTriumpH
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2016

No! No reply - if there was I am sure you would have seen it. The other week, another valve did exactly the same. The simplest option seems to be to buy another valve, but is expensive and I would have thought it would been easier first to understand the problem and see what can be done to fix it.

Comment

• Wobbin
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2017

This might be of limited help, but just in case.... https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...ixed-my-HR92-!

Having all of the segments on at the same time permanently might well indicate that the microcontroller is being held in a reset state. Loose battery contacts could well contribute to a 'brown out' on the supply rails and cause this.

HTH
        Robin
        Last edited by Wobbin; 16 March 2021, 09:11 PM. Reason: Added something....

Comment

Working...
        X